Thread: A.S.I Paratrooper

A.S.I Paratrooper

Just bought a Spanish ASI Paratropper made by elgamo, Kind of on a whim since it looked different. Thought it be a good back garden plinker. But I dont know much about them apart from the fact they were made by El Gamo. Serial number is 701283 and its in .22. I was hoping to find a .177 repeater but they can be expensive, at least for what it is.

They were made in numbers for a good few years, and with several minor changes.
    The repeater is quite interesting, but not that marvellous a mousetrap.

Condition is everything as there are plenty used and abused examples and few minters. If absolutely mint then shouldn't be cheap.

I think the .22 is the best for plinking good fun. Triggers are a bit agricultural but nothing that can't be overcome with some snap shooting.

I'm hoping someone will come along here and give the full verse on them too, as they are really good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    They were made in numbers for a good few years, and with several minor changes.
    The repeater is quite interesting, but not that marvellous a mousetrap.

Condition is everything as there are plenty used and abused examples and few minters. If absolutely mint then shouldn't be cheap.

I think the .22 is the best for plinking good fun. Triggers are a bit agricultural but nothing that can't be overcome with some snap shooting.

I'm hoping someone will come along here and give the full verse on them too, as they are really good fun.
    The condition of mine is not too bad. Some marks in front of the trigger where the paint has rubbed off. Tiny bit of speckling on the cylinder. So I would say it is in good used condition. By no means mint. I paid £85 in total (that includes shipping). The seller told me that it just had a service before I bought it. I removed the cylinder from the frame and it looks clean on the inside (spring looks new) so it seems likely he was telling the truth.

By the sounds of it I got myself a nice garden shooter

I bit of touch up with some paint to cover the bare metal marks and a good rub with some wire wool and oil should make it come up nicely.

I found an ASI Statical, great fun to play with.....reminded me why I got into shooting in the first place.... A nice sunny afternoon and half a tin of pellets later......
    The Statical has a sledge system to absorb some of the recoil, a bit like the FWB target guns....

£85 for a tidy example isn't bad at all. Bit of a bargain considering the plinking good fun to be had. Best bit they aren't a heavy lump like so many of todays air rifles. Get the knack and they will hit stuff at moderate ranges; open sites or a dot sight.
    Sold all mine, but one I miss.