Thread: KAHLES 1050i

KAHLES 1050i

Hi Guys
    can anyone help me out with some info on the Kahles 1050I, I am thinking of buying one but im not sure on the top parallax wheel and having never used one I was concerned to just buy one without trying, thanks guys
    Dave

[QUOTE=Thirteen;7546486]Hi Guys
    can anyone help me out with some info on the Kahles 1050I, I am thinking of buying one but im not sure on the top parallax wheel and having never used one I was concerned to just buy one without trying, thanks guys
    Dave

A very good scope I’ve had mine for a while now and must say it knocks the socks off all my othe side parallax scopes. It takes a while to get used to the parallax wheel being on top but for me it’s a bonus as I shoot mainly daystates. The glass is well made as is the body not to light though but with use you get used to it. Not a cheap scope by any means but in my eye well worth it.

I was thinking about selling mine as I struggle with weight being as I have MS but yesterday at the range I realised it’s great at bench rest which I do not normally do.

I bought Sightron a couple of weeks ago thinking that it would match the Kahles if I did sell how wrong was I.

If you do buy one it will be a keeper but as I’ve said it’s a fair chunk of change to spend.

I brought one but had to return it as the image quality was not very good, very milky at 50x.
    As it came from a retailer it was retuned and I've ended up with a delta Stryker.

If a private sale I would ensure that you look through it first to check that you are happy with it .

It was a great disappointment as I had heard great Inge about their image quality.Build quality otherwise was excellent.

ATB
    James

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Kahles 1050

I bought one about a year ago, its clarity was nothing special and used to flare untill I fitted 2 sunshades at £60 each !!!!!!
    It was an early one granted, Ive heard they are supposed to be good now but once bitten twice shy.
    I will stick with my Sightron and my new Delta Stryker HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Hi Guys
    Dave
    Did you get your Kahles back then? I was wondering if you could share any pros/cons

I reviewed the 1050FT a fair while ago and found it a really excellent scope, better in many ways in side by side testing than the 60 mag March I also had at the same time, but I have since been told that there can be optical issues, so s/h try before you buy.

The biggest issue I found however with the parallax wheel being on top was getting everything into my gun bag, due to the extra width of the wheel. There are a few options of magnetic wheels now, so this issue is easily overcome, alternatively a bigger / less padded bag would have done it.

Had mine for 4 years now, never seems to vary with temperature, image ok in all light conditions, only problem with original parallax wheel is that it hides the turret readings making you have to look over it, easily remedied with aftermarket ones.
    Nice to be able to load from either side of the rifle.
    I also use big Nikko’s Mk1 and Mk3 as comparisons and it comes out easier to use.
    I’m not a fantastic shot so can’t say it’s up’ed my scores much just made it easier.
    Dave.

The wheel being centrally placed is different but feels more natural once you've used it a few times. The large wheel can be replaced with aftermarket solutions and these fit inside most gun bags and certainly within a gun box.

Kahles are a sister company of Swarovski so share many parts.

If you have any questions please ask away.

Matt