Thread: Anyone own a Chiappa F004

Anyone own a Chiappa F004

I was wondering if any members own a Chiappa F004 target pistol?
    What are they like?
    Is it a good pistol?
    I would value your comments please.

Hi. Don't own one I'm afraid but I've read that the build quality isn't the same as the original FAS 604. Seals are prone to failure but easily replaced

I have one I bought used but in very good/ mint condition a few weeks back. I think, despite all the negative comments I've read, it is a very good target pistol. Most complaints seem to compare it to the 604 but that was twice the price. Only problem I am finding is getting the breech seal adjusted correctly by adjusting the barrel position, very easy to lose a fair bit of power from the seal if not set right. I am going to try turning a square section o ring from urethane but there is a very good description of sorting the breech seal with a shim on the net somewhere. If you are the sort who doesn't mind messing with things and have the tools and expertise I would say it is a fantastic pistol, very good value after a bit of messing around. (Seems to me a bit like a lot of air rifles!) 'Course if you buy new it wouldn't matter so much I suppose, would be guaranteed.
    Chris
    Last edited by ceekay; 26-08-2018 at 05:53 PM.

I've got a FAS6004 which I bought secondhand.

The original owner got a gunsmith to tune it up by following all the instructions at the following link: LINK

I'm no expert at 10m, but it will take a *lot* of practice before I am better than the pistol. It is absolutely laser accurate. I've anchored it on sand bags and it puts pellet after pellet through the same hole. Puts out about 3ft.lbs which is enough to punch very clean holes using 7 grain RWS R10 Match.

I've seen some bad press on forums about the build quality, but I've got zero complaints.
    Last edited by rmwesley; 27-08-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmwesley View Post
    I've got a FAS6004 which I bought secondhand.

The original owner got a gunsmith to tune it up by following all the instructions at the following link: LINK

I'm no expert at 10m, but it will take a *lot* of practice before I am better than the pistol. It is absolutely laser accurate. I've anchored it on sand bags and it puts pellet after pellet through the same hole. Puts out about 3ft.lbs which is enough to punch very clean holes using 7 grain RWS R10 Match.

I've seen some bad press on forums about the build quality, but I've got zero complaints.
    That's a great article and shows why the price is lower than 604.

Getting spares other than O rings is difficult.

Re barrel, leave the clamp screws half done up and push the barrel up to the breech with a dowel. then open up and push 1/2 mm further in and clamp. Do not over tighten. O ring is perfectly serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    Article says "The 6004’s construction is almost entirely carbon steel"
    LOL. I think not. It is a monkey metal frame. Steel, alloy, and plastic internals. So was the 604 which is why it cracked.
    https://youtu.be/6Y5VnPaq_B4
    Some 6004 I have seen pictured have used the same angular design
    Last edited by TenMetrePeter; 29-08-2018 at 11:24 AM.

It may be lower qualty than the FAS 604, but sells for more (£350-450) than a good used FAS 604 (£200-250).

The original 604 is a bargain. The same or less than a new Gamo Compact. And around the same as an old FWB65/80/90 or Diana 10M.

Further thoughts on the Fas 6004. Three weeks ago I emailed Chiappa asking how much for a rear sight leaf posted to Uk.
    I was thinking of making it similar to the early 604 with interchangeable notch sizes. They replied almost immediately that they would send me one free of charge and it has arrived today. So yes, I have some slight misgivings about the pistol QC but I'd call that absolutely excellent service.

Fas 604

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....00#post7568300

Of any interest? Shame it isn't local for you though...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?