Thread: Panorama Legal Weapon!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    Hi. Tac
    To make a complaint.
    You must get the facts and the only way is to watch and record the programme so you can refer to it in cold blood so to speak, so you might need to play it back a few times.
    You must then complain to the BBC in writing or email with the facts you have gathered, no emotional or flippant comments just pure facts, and make sure your facts are accurate and beyond question. (if you don't complain to the BBC first you will not get any response from the regulator OFCOM.)
    If you don't get a satisfactory answer from the BBC the next step is now to complain to OFCOM the communications regulator who will investigate your complaint.
    The other important thing is for as many people as possible to complain, one or two people complaining has little or no impact, several thousand complaints on the other hand will have a huge impact.
    It might be worth someone, with a good knowledge of the law, to pick out the salient points and post them on this thread. We can all then put our complaints together and see how far we get.
    I saw the trailer at lunchtime and it looks like more scaremongering. If I can paraphrase one quote “look there’s a bullet mold and all the bits to make ammunition”.

The facts are indisputable no matter how much weasle-wording the anti's are about it.

As I noted in my post earlier, the main component of ANY centrefire cartridge, without which it is just a lump of lead and brass, is the primer.

To LEGALLY acquire a primer, you MUST have an FAC for the type of primer you intend to buy.

I've checked on a number of websites/dealers who sell components, and to a man/woman, they all state quite clearly that while you may ORDER them by email or phone, you must collect them face-to-face after they have seen your valid FAC.

So, to acquire them in any other way is a crime, already covered by the law.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    The facts are indisputable no matter how much weasle-wording the anti's are about it.

As I noted in my post earlier, the main component of ANY centrefire cartridge, without which it is just a lump of lead and brass, is the primer.

To LEGALLY acquire a primer, you MUST have an FAC for the type of primer you intend to buy.

I've checked on a number of websites/dealers who sell components, and to a man/woman, they all state quite clearly that while you may ORDER them by email or phone, you must collect them face-to-face after they have seen your valid FAC.

So, to acquire them in any other way is a crime, already covered by the law.

tac
    Cheers tac

So we have four points that we can mention/ complain about:
    Illegal for convicted criminal to purchase section 58 firearm
    Illegal for convicted crime nail to posses section 58 firearm
    FAC needed to purchase powder
    FAC needed to purchase primers

It will be interesting to see if these points are stated clearly

If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free