Thread: Webley Hawk improvements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Hawk improvements

Have anyone ever made a functioning spring guide for a Mk2 Hawk?

I have a couple of hawks and will make a guide for on when I can get on my mates lathe.

Should be simple enough.

Bought a spare piston so might have a go at conversion to a parachute seal.

Also had a thought that it's the same spring as in the Webley longbow and that they have a guide

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Have anyone ever made a functioning spring guide for a Mk2 Hawk?
    Yes. :- http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....61#post6022561

image.jpg
    Last edited by T 20; 14-08-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks! I remembered your Hawk-tuning Mick, just didn't know where to look..
    I was hoping to make a guide without having to modify the rear plug, which seems a bit difficult on the Mk2, as the centering-thingy for the spring has a much larger diameter than the one that centers the rear guide on the later Webleys.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Thanks! I remembered your Hawk-tuning Mick, just didn't know where to look..
    I was hoping to make a guide without having to modify the rear plug, which seems a bit difficult on the Mk2, as the centering-thingy for the spring has a much larger diameter than the one that centers the rear guide on the later Webleys.
    I had to machine a small jig from some 25mm ID pipe to hold the Hawk back block in the lathe, then I drilled and tapped the central arbour 5/16 UNF in order to screw the guide into.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I had to machine a small jig from some 25mm ID pipe to hold the Hawk back block in the lathe, then I drilled and tapped the central arbour 5/16 UNF in order to screw the guide into.
    Sounds doable, and does not mess too much with the possibility of returning the gun to original shape. I might follow that route, thanks!

I see you extended the transfer port through the breech seal, was that necessary to get the compression high enough? I'm thinking a brass sleeve that only sleeves the port might help?

I have a few Hawks & Vulcans I never would have guessed that you could get the power up to the legal limit on them!