Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911's everywhere!?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

1911's everywhere!?

I want a Rohm Trainer pistol, but as I can't find one I would like a well built, heavy co2 1911. I suspect the pellet firing A1 version is the best for this, but the Sig Sauer Max thingy looks good except for the stick mag. The WTP pre-ruined version doesn't appeal as I tend to scratch them myself. I did breifly have a tangflioliolio blowback a few years back, but the fit and finish were sloppy with lots of movement to the barrel/slide etc.

What am I missing?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Nick I've had the Umarex pellet 1911 (and a special one at that). Shoot ok but they're just the same as any of the umarex co2 under the skin and not too realistic.

Best out the bunch in my opinion is this one. I had one and really liked it. BB though but blowback. Comes in black or tan. Full drop out mag too.
    https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk...p-black-177-bb
    Last edited by robs5230; 15-08-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    B.A.S.C. member

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    the fit and finish were sloppy with lots of movement to the barrel/slide etc.

What am I missing?
    Nowt- the real steel one was sloppy as hell, but was still a god when it came to accuracy!

I had one pre Dunblane and it was awesome- silly accurate yet rattled like you wouldn't believe
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Thanks guys, it still looks like the Umarex Govt A1 is favourite at the moment.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The Umarex is not a true replica of a 1911.
    It actually has a revolver action and the grip safety is awkward.
    It’s also bigger.

It is a pellet shooter and accurate at short distances with a tendency to shoot high.
    It is also repairable.

Milbro do a cheaper pellet 1911 but I haven’t shot it

The KWC model in all its many rebadged versions is a lot more fun but is bb with all that entails.

I suggest you get both

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Nowt- the real steel one was sloppy as hell, but was still a god when it came to accuracy!

I had one pre Dunblane and it was awesome- silly accurate yet rattled like you wouldn't believe
    I have owned quite a few 1911 clones and carried them daily in South Africa. As you say they can be a loose fit slide to frame. The loosest one I had was a Llama and the tightest one was my Norinco 1911 Commander (in pic). The small Star PD was the best for daily carry. I like gingernuts SIG SAUER "WE THE PEOPLE" bb copy.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/hrrSigr.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Rohm Trainer

Hi, I was in Protek Supplies yesterday. They have all the monkey metal 1911 replicas in stock, but they do also have a very nice s/h Rohm Trainer in stock.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

If you don't buy Zamak air pistols today there is virtually nothing on offer, and basically there is nothing wrong with it. They will still be around after we have become dust.

Baz

The only blowback 1911 that is any good, is the KJW KP07.No shake no, no rattle and its based on the TM 5.1 hi-cappa, so spare and custom parts are readily available. gunfire in Poland selling them for £98![/I]

Zamak!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    If you don't buy Zamak air pistols today there is virtually nothing on offer, and basically there. The rason being is nothing wrong with it. They will still be around after we have become dust.

Baz
    Hi, you are quite, the choice of any other material in replica pistols is pretty much light weight cast Zinc alloy mix. The main reasons are, ease of moulding (low temperature) and cheapness. Makarovs are probably the only air pistol that comes close to weapons grade metal, even then not heat treated to the same standard as the actual firearm version. Also if you think a Zink alloy gun will last forever, it doesn't. It does in fact break down/blow out with time due to the impurities within the metals. Just look at the badges and trim prices on old cars, they become pitted with age from inside out even after being protected by a layer of chrome. ☺
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

I didn't say they would last forever, but they can and do last longer than the steel offerings which have not been cared for. By the way, how did you manage to change my grammar when you quoted me in your post ?

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by rex feral View Post
    The only blowback 1911 that is any good, is the KJW KP07.No shake no, no rattle and its based on the TM 5.1 hi-cappa, so spare and custom parts are readily available. gunfire in Poland selling them for £98![/I]
    Isn’t that just a 6mm ball gun?

Zamak-Mazak

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I didn't say they would last forever, but they can and do last longer than the steel offerings which have not been cared f. or. By the way, how did you manage to change my grammar when you quoted me in your post ?
    Baz
    Hi Baz, sorry for misquoting what you stated, I was mearly trying to point out that Zamak/Mazak as a material was never intended to last indefinatly. It does degrade internally over time and as I'm sure you've seen, blows out on the surface. I've got to say that I've never seen an antique Mazak/Zamak air gun, perhaps you know of one. But I have restored countless vintage and classic cars, (and a few bikes). The one thing they all have in common, despite of how they may have been cared for or mistreated in their life, the Mazak/Zamak trim/badges/ mascots etc all eventually start to degrade due to the impurities in the mix. Ive seen "Lone Star" cap guns from the 60/70s that have started degrading so i assume that a maybee 90 year old replica 1911 BB would show signs of the same. As most of the replica are fairly modern i guess we'll have to wait about another 50 years to find out. John

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Isn’t that just a 6mm ball gun?
    its 4.5mm steel bb's. Single stack co2 magazine.
    https://gunfire.com/en/products/kp-0...152217498.html

The KP-11 is a direct copy of the TM Hi-cappa 5.1 4.5mm steel bb double stack co2 magazine
    https://gunfire.com/en/products/kp-1...152217500.html

you can spend silly money on upgrading these things.