Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911's everywhere!?

The "Sig Sauer Max thingy" may look 'good' in the ad., but believe me it isn't! Cheap looking, child's toy-like 'nickel' finish; flimsy plastic, stick mag that sometimes auto-ejects with just the inadvertent brush of a finger; ultra thin plastic grips that ping off too readily; non-field strippable if you get a jam and the one I tried was probably THE most inaccurate of any blow-back BB pistol I've shot. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.......

Quote Originally Posted by rex feral View Post
    its 4.5mm steel bb's. Single stack co2 magazine.
    https://gunfire.com/en/products/kp-0...152217498.html

The KP-11 is a direct copy of the TM Hi-cappa 5.1 4.5mm steel bb double stack co2 magazine
    https://gunfire.com/en/products/kp-1...152217500.html

you can spend silly money on upgrading these things.
    Thanks
    Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    The "Sig Sauer Max thingy" may look 'good' in the ad., but believe me it isn't! Cheap looking, child's toy-like 'nickel' finish; flimsy plastic, stick mag that sometimes auto-ejects with just the inadvertent brush of a finger; ultra thin plastic grips that ping off too readily; non-field strippable if you get a jam and the one I tried was probably THE most inaccurate of any blow-back BB pistol I've shot. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.......
    I do.

But mine is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi Baz, sorry for misquoting what you stated, I was mearly trying to point out that Zamak/Mazak as a material was never intended to last indefinatly. It does degrade internally over time and as I'm sure you've seen, blows out on the surface. I've got to say that I've never seen an antique Mazak/Zamak air gun, perhaps you know of one. But I have restored countless vintage and classic cars, (and a few bikes). The one thing they all have in common, despite of how they may have been cared for or mistreated in their life, the Mazak/Zamak trim/badges/ mascots etc all eventually start to degrade due to the impurities in the mix. Ive seen "Lone Star" cap guns from the 60/70s that have started degrading so i assume that a maybee 90 year old replica 1911 BB would show signs of the same. As most of the replica are fairly modern i guess we'll have to wait about another 50 years to find out. John
    The early castings suffered from zinc pest, but this has been overcome by developing new alloys. Some early Schimel air pistols have had a problem with degradation, but I have not seen it in any of the ones I have worked on which are over 50 years old. Lawrie Amatruda who has worked on over 100 of these has come across it. Zamak name was changed to Mazak in UK using Morris Ashby's initial when he got the rights to manufacture it here. What I was trying to indicate that I have worked on hundreds of air pistols and had a lot that are rusted solid (especially Webleys) through lack of care. On the other hand I have had air pistols like the Smith and Wesson 78G and 79G that have been neglected for years in a shed and they are like new. I am now fed up with this thread so will not be commenting again.

Baz

Two old Schimels nearly my age (I'm 72) in better condition than me.....https://i.imgur.com/nwYKI1o.jpg
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 18-08-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Isn’t that just a 6mm ball gun?
    These are, new out, I have the kp07 and kp11 Patrick

remmington rac 1911 steel bb pistol

I have one of these which is very good and robust reliable and blowback works great the only thing that lets it down is the matt finish which might be accurate for wartime issued weapons . I had one of the umarex pellet versions with the 8 shot revolver magazine it looked very nice but the grip safety broke so I took it back where I bought it and swapped it for the umarex beretta ie the one the us forces replaced the colt 1911 with.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got the Umarex A1 Government pellet firer in the end and I'm very happy with it. The blowback models are fun to shoot but I am currently wresting with which calibre powder burner to get (.22lr cheap to run, 9mm faster with reasonable ammo costs, .45 acp cos its short, fat and slow, just like me) so the recoil isn't as important in the co2 one.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

kwc cybersoft 6mm co2 1911 railgun in stainless steel

I have ordered one of the above from mays of London they are supposed to be very good according to the reviews etc I own a Remington rac 1911 4.5mm steel bb which is as you say very loose and the finish is poor it is quite powerfull though.I will let you know when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by smokyjoe View Post
    I have ordered one of the above from mays of London they are supposed to be very good according to the reviews etc I own a Remington rac 1911 4.5mm steel bb which is as you say very loose and the finish is poor it is quite powerfull though.I will let you know when I get it.
    I’d love to read a review on this once you have received it mate. I’ve been considering buying one for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by smokyjoe View Post
    I’d love to read a review on this once you have received it mate. I’ve been considering buying one for a while.