Thread: Hardest gun to strip?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    Funnily enough it was a Walther CP88 for me too! The hammer spring had broken on this one so I took it to Richard Spencer at Target Technics who wouldn't touch it and told me to send it to the manufacturer, specifically warning me not to try it myself. Well, I did anyway and managed to do the job, but like you say they're like a pocket watch inside!

Cheers
    Greg
    I feel better that Richard wouldn't touch one, you are right it did resemble a watch movement , sure I counted 8 springs. How the hell do they make these on an assembly line???!!

Original 35 Super

The only one I had to go to someone with, with the 'bag of bits'
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Original 35 Super

The only one I had to go to someone with, with the 'bag of bits'
    That happened to me too. And I blamed the silly beggar who took it to bits, lost interest and stuck it in the corner for two years in a carrier bag. I really lost my tag with him
    but he got it sorted in the end (this was pre internet days).
    Yes I've not made same mistake second time.
    Dave��

air gun.brockock safari. gun. the bloody sten. field fixed my bum. and the sterling.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

hardest

by far its the bsa lightening, that piston is ridiculous and the scope rail to get off.

I really struggled with the theoben/webley trigger... a real pain in the bum!
    Also the old BSA Mercury is quite tricky if you are trying to cram a big square spring in and aren't using a spring compressor and trigger block holder!
    I had a jam in my Remington 1100 that was a pain to fix.. lots of fiddly little components inside a metal box! In comparison I've also got a Browning auto 5 which is a doddle!
    I've got an Original 75 coming up soon which I'm actually looking forward to. I've been doing my research and speaking to folks that have worked on the Giss guns.. easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Ps.. here's the link to the theoben trigger walkthrough
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi...w?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by thisisdonald; 01-10-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Donald

Summary of this thread for new readers:

Normal people admit that there are some guns they think they would find a challenge.

Others with natural mechanical aptitude, skills, experience and good toolkits say those guns are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I really struggled with the theoben/webley trigger... a real pain in the bum!
    Also the old BSA Mercury is quite tricky if you are trying to cram a big square spring in and aren't using a spring compressor and trigger block holder!
    I had a jam in my Remington 1100 that was a pain to fix.. lots of fiddly little components inside a metal box! In comparison I've also got a Browning auto 5 which is a doddle!
    I've got an Original 75 coming up soon which I'm actually looking forward to. I've been doing my research and speaking to folks that have worked on the Giss guns.. easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Ps.. here's the link to the theoben trigger walkthrough
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi...w?usp=drivesdk
    I changed my spring in my mercury easily. Ok my 20st m8 was pusing down as i turned the rear end. Better than a spring compressor as he is a big lad.