Thread: Hardest gun to strip?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not a gun but the magazine for a Kral NP02 Puncher.

I dropped mine and dislodged the tension spring. Despite there only being FIVE parts it took me (and a couple of other club members) nearly 30 minutes to get it working again. (I know the secret now. )

I was once told to strip Daystate magazines in a plastic bag.

I nearly suffocated.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Club members

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Not a gun but the magazine for a Kral NP02 Puncher.

I dropped mine and dislodged the tension spring. Despite there only being FIVE parts it took me (and a couple of other club members) nearly 30 minutes to get it working again. (I know the secret now. )

I was once told to strip Daystate magazines in a plastic bag.

I nearly suffocated.

ATB
    Ian
    That says more about our club members than it goes the magazine!😉
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

A CP88/92fs strip-down & reassembly DVD from T. R. Robb is available on e**y for less than £5.....or it was when I bought mine. I've watched it and it looks fairly straightforward to follow. £5 well-spent if you need to strip one.

You Tube and Umarex Boys Club are your friend for Umarex pistols.

When you have done a few of the Umarex pistols you can develop an assembly technique. The easiest are the CP88 and 1911, the Beretta a bit more fiddly. I use two things that help a lot, a tiny dab of glue and a foot of dental floss ! I have worked on a few hundred airguns and the hardest so far I think is the Logun Sweet 16.
    Others are the Anschutz model 250 with hydraulic damping, the Original 66 trigger assembly.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

A Parker Hale Phoenix mark 2. Multiple parts and they just would not go back in place. Never again.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by recipio View Post
    A Parker Hale Phoenix mark 2. Multiple parts and they just would not go back in place. Never again.
    Honestly I found the phoenix just fine, even the very first time. Sure, there's a lot of parts, but it's really not that complex.

Crosman 600 is a real PITA...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Original 35 & 50 if you've never done one before, spring and B-Bs everywhere. Original twin pistons, strip is easy, assy with feeler gauges not always so. Park 91 seemed terrifying, but with help not too bad; some of the Crosman pumps are a pig!! not had any of the Umarex ones yet but never say never. I think every repairer will have had a model that's a problem, but with today's social media, almost every gun has some advice somewhere.