Thread: Surprised about gun's performance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Daystate Grand Prix - cost me a fortune. Surprised me how absolutely inconsistent and inaccurate such an expensive rifle could be!

Crosman 2100. Looks cheap. Was cheap. BUT the lack of recoil and accuracy makes it sooooo much fun to plink with.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

A £20 mk2 Airsporter I picked up a few years ago.. it had been painted with bbq paint and the stock was badly beaten up... it's more than earned it's spot as my favourite rifle ... I keep meaning to give it a facelift but I don't want to spoil the way it shoots!
    Donald

My current rifle a 'HW80' after hearing all the horror stories of massive weight, sluggish and twangy firing cycles and difficulties with accuracy it's actually turned out to be completely the opposite...

No twang with quite a snappy firing cycle and although heavier 'on paper' than my previous springer (TXhc) it actually handles very well and carries the extra weight far better than the TX ever did...

And although not the cheapest at 250 used it's been the best 250 quid I've ever spent on a rifle...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

I've two ultras, Mmc and max se and scorpion, always amazed at their accuracy, I wouldn't hunt with anything else

For me was a bsa superstar, I was surprised how accurate it shot, Just didn't expect it to perform like it did, Another one which shit as equally as my hw77 was my AA jackal ,

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Little slavia .177, cost nothing, a basic tune and 9Fpe and loverly to shoot. Also my old meteor when I gave it a piston nose/synthetic seal conversion - 11FP and really nice to shoot.
    Unmolested - BSA L pattern; light, accurate, very calm to shoot.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    For me was a bsa superstar, I was surprised how accurate it shot, Just didn't expect it to perform like it did, Another one which shit as equally as my hw77 was my AA jackal ,
    The BSA Superstar is one of my all time favourite guns,my .22 more than keeps up with my Tx200 and Hw97, a great rifle.
    Les...

EDgun leshiy

Best ruck sack gun I’ve ever own swop out Barrels in seconds surpose it could be classed as a take down being it cocks folded a very pleasant and powerful air rifle
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    A Rat Catcher with a small but crystal clear scope on it, brought in for a chaps daughter to shoot at our club. I asked if I could take a shot with it as I was thinking of getting one at the time. It's was small, light and accurate! His S410 opened my eyes to PCP shooting as well, not a bad bit of kit but I don't like bolt actions so got a HW100.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***