Thread: Surprised about gun's performance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Gamo CFX in .177, incredibly accurate with a wide range of pellets, just a shame the triggers not a little better

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Yeah that's the one thing that let's the Independent down (Gamo trigger).
    Les..

In the late 60s as a teenager I bought a new Haenel 302 in .177 calibre. It was a brilliant air rifle, much more powerful than the 600fps it was advertised as and incredibly accurate using the open sights.
    It cost £8.19.6 which was cheaper than a Meteor and a Relum Tornado and miles better than either of them and was less than half the price of a Webley Mk3 and a BSA Airsporter and probably performed better than even these.
    I remember writing to D R Hughes who advertised Weihrauchs etc in a booklet, recommending the Haenel and he subsequently included them in his publication. For the money it's possibly the best air rifle ever made.

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    In the late 60s as a teenager I bought a new Haenel 302 in .177 calibre. It was a brilliant air rifle, much more powerful than the 600fps it was advertised as and incredibly accurate using the open sights.
    It cost £8.19.6 which was cheaper than a Meteor and a Relum Tornado and miles better than either of them and was less than half the price of a Webley Mk3 and a BSA Airsporter and probably performed better than even these.
    I remember writing to D R Hughes who advertised Weihrauchs etc in a booklet, recommending the Haenel and he subsequently included them in his publication. For the money it's possibly the best air rifle ever made.
    Funny you should mention Haenel Graeme, they have a range on centrefire rifles out at the moment I have been looking at.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Im never usually one to jump on bandwagons but Im going with a Haenel as well- the 311. Amazing performer. A gem.