Thread: Rifle air Gauge

Rifle air Gauge

I find it hard to read the dial on my AA S410 air gauge. They used to use a coloured background (red, green yellow) but now a finely spaced dial with the needle behind the dial face is used.
    The nearest I can find to that is the Daystate one to fit Air Ranger, Huntsman & Wolverine stocked by John Knibbs. It looks like it will fit but does anyone know the screw size. I think AA is 1/8" BSP.
    Cheers!

I thought it had gone the other way
    my original S510's had a small dial gauge with pressure marked, but when I looked at the "ultimate sporter" when that first came out it just had the colours which I think looks cheap.

I'm sure AA can supply which ever dial you want, or you could just mark 2 thick lines on yours & keep the needle between them.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I thought it had gone the other way
    my original S510's had a small dial gauge with pressure marked, but when I looked at the "ultimate sporter" when that first came out it just had the colours which I think looks cheap.

I'm sure AA can supply which ever dial you want, or you could just mark 2 thick lines on yours & keep the needle between them.
    Nah - sadly the old coloured ones are unavailable - I asked. No idea why the Ultimate had that. I am not bothered with "how cheap" it looks - for my eyes a nice coloured one with the needle on the outside of the dial is better.And yes - a bit of red tape glued to the glass is my default "cure"

Angrybear is right, the Ultimate Sporter does run a coloured gauge, but not really as an indication of pressure as such. i.e. yellow too low, green ok, red over filled.

Its a simple one with red and green. It's quite clever really, although it is difficult to read accurately as there is only 50 bar increments with no markings.

The back plate rotates like a needle under the faceplate, showing where the fill is.
    Last edited by Jimbob 2705; 15-08-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Ah - now that's worth a look...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob 2705 View Post
    Angrybear is right, the Ultimate Sporter does run a coloured gauge, but not really as an indication of pressure as such. i.e. yellow too low, green ok, red over filled.

Its a simple one with red and green. It's quite clever really, although it is difficult to read accurately as there is only 50 bar increments with no markings.

The back plate rotates like a needle under the faceplate, showing where the fill is.
    Thanks! I didn't know that. I think that might well be better for me so I'll contact AA again. Surprised they didn't mention that as a substitute for the one I described to them. Since I had cateracts done I have good long vision but need glasses for short stuff and don't really take them when shooting. Just need a rough indicator where I am on the fill.
    Anyway - much appreciated