Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original Model 6 - parts or scruffy example wanted

Mod 6

Hello bob , I have emailed you some pictures of an action that might be what your looking for.
    Rgds kev

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.ronnie View Post
    Hello bob , I have emailed you some pictures of an action that might be what your looking for.
    Rgds kev
    Thanks Kev.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks to Kev I now have an action that should provide all of the parts that I need to repair my grey plastic gripped Model 6.

This action has undamaged piston racks, and the teeth on the pinion gears are good too - but these are fixed onto a pair of caps that I would like to change as the original caps on my Model 6 are in better external condition.

Normally, these pinion gears just freely slide on and off their pivot shafts, but the damaged gears that are on my old grey Model 6 end caps are retained on a shaft that has a machined cap on the end of the shaft end to prevent them falling off.

I am hoping that I can drift the shafts out of both sets of caps, and the press (either type of shaft) back into my own Model 6 caps so I can use the good set of pinion gears on my better condition original mounting caps.

It must be possible to drift these retained style of shafts out of the caps otherwise any replacement of pinion gears on these early type Model 6 pistols would have needed a new pair of end caps every time a repair was needed ! This would have made for a very expensive repair each time and is (presumably) why all of the later types that I have seen have plain pivot shafts that allow the gears to be simply slid on and off.

Has anyone come across these unusual "retained" type of pinion shafts on any Giss action before - and if so, was it reasonably easy to drift them out of the caps and press them back in again?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

There are two slightly different parts diagrams for the Diana Mod 6 airpistol that I saw on Danny's VAG web site.
    The two diagrams show the earlier and later versions of the Mod 6.
    The earlier version shows 3 parts that make up the cap, cog-wheel and shaft, numbered as 30/1, 30/2 and 30/3 respectively.
    I have never handled this type of 3 part assembly as the Model 6 and the Model 72 actions I have dismantled were late models with just two parts, a cog-wheel and its retaining cap.
    Looking at the diagram of the 3 part assembly, I would think that the shaft is a press fit into the cap. Whatever you do, make sure you protect the threads and cap itself before taking the shaft out.