Thread: Original Model 6 - parts or scruffy example wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have repaired quite a few of these, done one last week. You probably know already that if the racks and gears are a small amount out of correct position when screwing in the two side pinions, damage will occur when firing for the first time. This is why a lot of these pistols have teeth missing on the racks. When assembled correctly they are smooth and lovely to shoot. I find them hard to beat for accuracy and trigger pull the price they sell for.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I have repaired quite a few of these, done one last week. You probably know already that if the racks and gears are a small amount out of correct position when screwing in the two side pinions, damage will occur when firing for the first time. This is why a lot of these pistols have teeth missing on the racks. When assembled correctly they are smooth and lovely to shoot. I find them hard to beat for accuracy and trigger pull the price they sell for.

Baz
    I am looking forward to getting my grey moulded Model 6 back together again Baz.

The missing teeth on the piston racks may have been damaged by a previous owner/re-builder - as you suggest!

The "military style" plastic gripped Model 6 was my first recoilless target pistol after I started the Exmouth club back in 1971, and most of our club members bought one too.

All of the Model 6 pistols in our club had the later brown moulded grips - I never saw the earlier grey moulded grip on a Model 6 until many years later, although I did (and still have) a grey grip on a Model 5.

When I later changed to an FWB 65 my shooting did not improve - the Original Model 6 is a highly under-rated target pistol in my opinion, and once the strange feel of the upright moulded grip had been mastered it was enjoyed by everyone who shot it.
    Last edited by zooma; 17-08-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.