Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pistol for the collection... the Air Match 600!

New pistol for the collection... the Air Match 600!

Jimmie, these are one of my favourite SSP pistols, have owned and repaired two. They put out a little more power than the FAS 604 as they are slightly larger. The back end of the mechanism can be a bit delicate to work on due to the thickness of the alloy casting. Sometimes the dry fire lever can cause the pistol not to cock but just needs a thin shim washer installed to get it sorted. Sold last one at Kempton Park. (Don't forget SA6).

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 10-09-2018 at 06:13 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

A much better pistol than my FAS604 I like the dry fire for practice; really regret selling mine!
    While clearing my storage unit I found a fore sight extension and blade for this gun.

Airmatch 600

I too own one of these & have to say it's got one of the best triggers I have used. Will try the shim washer Baz as occasionally mine fails to compress air on the in-stroke, I had presumed the seal may be on the way out. Would you happen to known if it is possible to source a new seal Baz btw?
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Jimmie, these are one of my favourite SSP pistols, have owned and repaired two. They put out a little more power than the FAS 604 as they are slightly larger. The back end of the mechanism can be a bit delicate to work on due to the thickness of the alloy casting. Sometimes the dry fire lever can cause the pistol not to cock but just needs a thin shim washer installed to get it sorted. Sold last one at Kempton Park. (Don't forget SA6).

Baz
    SA6 not forgotten.

Interesting you mention Kempton... was it cased?

This one had a missing e-clip on one side of the dry fire lever that I have replaced yesterday. Other than that, it runs fine. Oh, except it's really hard to close the lever at the end on the compression stroke when the lever is set to normal shooting position. Is this normal? It worries me slightly that things are being over stressed. I have stripped the pistol most of the way down as I was going to try to see if the length of the piston stroke can be shortened slightly to reduce the pressure. I know it's not a mechanical issue as the lever closes easily when set to dry fire mode.

However, I couldn't see who to open it up to access the compression chamber and piston. I guess the valve section unscrews from the compression tube to access the head of the piston and o-ring.

All the best,
    Jimmie

Jimmie, the back chamber unscrews from the compression chamber, but I would leave it alone unless there is a failure of some kind. If you treat them well they don't seem to give much trouble, and the dry fire lever is easily fixed, some guys have used my advice with the shim under the E clip and it worked. I never lubed the compression seal on mine at any stage and they shot well. They are hard to close due to the amount of leverage required against the high pressure. One of mine had a lever extension which youngsters could then operate. The one I sold for £220 at Kempton was cased with the bits but not as pristine looking as your one. ( J, I just replaced my piston seal with a high quality O ring, not especially made for the pistol)>

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 10-09-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

As a FAS fan, those have always appealed. As a fan of things that are a bit different, I also like the quirkiness of the design. Looking forward to hearing what Jimmie makes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    As a FAS fan, those have always appealed. As a fan of things that are a bit different, I also like the quirkiness of the design. Looking forward to hearing what Jimmie makes of it.
    It's rare... so I already like it

As I said though on the link, it fits like a glove, seems very well balanced and has a lovely trigger.

Very nice Jimmy.

Out of interest what lubricant do you use in the piston assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    Very nice Jimmy.

Out of interest what lubricant do you use in the piston assembly?
    I haven’t given it any thought as I’ve not stripped it down thar far. Perhaps Baz can elighten us? Although, I would say typical mineral oil on any moving pins and linkages - tiny amount - or perhaps molybdenum grease. On the o-rings molykote.

Airmatch 600

Ok didn't realise anyone else liked these! My club members seem to regard these as hand grenades! Mines in a Morini case, got Morini grips(I believe standard?), front sight extension, front rail & weight, alternative front sight blades & rearsight leaves, tools, screwdriver etc, I find it to have very nice low sight line, superb trigger, & excellent grip,
    J.

I used the occasional drop or two of silicone oil on the piston rod!

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    Ok didn't realise anyone else liked these! My club members seem to regard these as hand grenades!
    J.
    At least your guaranteed to be the only one on the 10m range while you use it.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Airmatch 600

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    At least your guaranteed to be the only one on the 10m range while you use it.
    Knob!
    J.

Ok

Ok Jonesy, I'll bring me(as new, in box, with instructions) Webley junior, maybe that will make you happy Ian, xxx mwah!