Thread: Pellet sales

Pellet sales

Hi all, I know we sell used air gun equipment at roughly two thirds of the price of new but how does this work with pellets, I have bought and sold many types of pellets over the years using this formula and always think that the pellets may in some cases be old but they are certainly not used unlike most other gear. What do forum members think allowing for the cost of pellets nowdays, should we be selling them not for profit but at least getting your money back for whatever the market price of said pellets. (It’s easy enough to check prices online).

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    You get what you can get. If someone disagrees with your price and they want them they will make an offer which is either ridiculous or reasonable, Then it's up to you to either accept or decline it.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by david j View Post
    Hi all, I know we sell used air gun equipment at roughly two thirds of the price of new but how does this work with pellets, I have bought and sold many types of pellets over the years using this formula and always think that the pellets may in some cases be old but they are certainly not used unlike most other gear. What do forum members think allowing for the cost of pellets nowdays, should we be selling them not for profit but at least getting your money back for whatever the market price of said pellets. (It’s easy enough to check prices online).
    Have you thought this through? If you're asking market price for current ones why not just buy them from your local supplier??, no postage to add on etc. If they're "collectable" that's different

I f they are a popular pellet (AA diabolo field /JSB / Webley Mosquito etc) and are from a desirable batch number, they are probably worth more than "new"
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by david j View Post
    Well surely you're going to have to sell for less than they can be bought for elsewhere in order to find a buyer, & if postage is involved I can't see how even "getting your money back" is possible.

I recently picked up 4 tins of JSB .25 for £10 except that on collecting there was 1 unopened tin of .25, 3/4 tin of .25 Heavy, 1/2 a tin was a mix of .25 & .22, & the last appears to be .22 bisley mags in a JSB .25 tin.
    I'm not too upset because the .25's I did get were worth what I paid but not the super-deal I thought it was

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Get what you can for them - P&P is a killer for pellets, so best to go local with small amounts. Big brands sell better than the cheaper ones as they are more desirable and generally cost more - so a larger saving on new.

If your not going to use them, get shot (excuse the pun) of them.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Don't forget VAT.

If you've bought a tin of new pellets from a shop for £10. inc VAT.

The pellets cost you £8.30p, and the rest went to the govt.

So if you sell them to a mate for £10. second hand...

He's not only reimbursing you, but he's paying your taxes as well.

VAT
    The tax that was raised to 20% as a ‘temporary measure’.

20% of nearly everything.

I’m sure it will be abolished when we leave Europe.

As if!