Thread: BSA Goldstar SE Ratworks fettled, what a change!

BSA Goldstar SE Ratworks fettled, what a change!

I bought a used but pretty new BSA Goldstar SE about a year ago and used it occasionally but was never really happy with it, it only seemed to do 40-45 shots per fill and was running a bit hot at 11.8-11.9. Having said that it was really accurate.

A month ago I had a quickfill fitted to my Anschutz cylinder by Phil at Ratworks and then got into an email conversation with him about the Goldstar, from there I sent it to him to have a Tench reg fitted and Phil's tweaking of the trigger and firing valve.

Got it back last week and what a change, it is now running a consistent 11.5 and I got 95 good shots from a 210 bar fill.

No wonder Phil is a busy boy, what a first class chap, great guy to do business with. I am now back in love with the Goldstar SE.

I thought I would share this and say that anyone considering using Ratworks will not be disappointed if my experience is anything to go by.

My old goldstar se crept up in power,just before the standard reg let go after 6 months,again low shot count and not very consistent,I changed it for a huma reg,totally transformed it,probably shouldn’t of sold it