Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: daystate customer service

daystate customer service

since when do daystate not take calls from private customers ?

It's been that way for a while now mate - you can often get a quick answer on the owners group forum.

All of the above.

That's a shame . They always had first rate customer service.

so i can take a daystate into an approved daystate service centre because it has a very slow leak. pay £150 and after a 3.5 hour drive come home to find insulation taped wires and it still leaks the same as before (and my £150 did not include a new battery) but can't talk to them about it ? i have sent them a message but would rather a conversation.

I'm the same - I don't like dealing with companies that you can't speak to - especially if you're paying for a premium product.

Good luck with the rifle.

All of the above.

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Did not realise they had stopped taking calls from private customers, if that is the case that stinks. I wonder what justification Daystate would give, it's doubley distasteful when you consider how much their rifles cost.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    IIRC it happened just after the new owners took over.
    Master Debater

thanks for the positive reply guys.many have been stiffed over the years and to be honest i can stand the £150 for nothing but others can't, and i won't .so it is down to these great forums to give a voice and warn others if companies see customer service as beneath them. not one person on this site minds paying for a good rifle but thanks to forums we have a voice that can damage reputations.

I've heard this before on numerous occasions and if I was in the market to spend Daystate-type money, it wouldn't be on a Daystate for that reason. One of the reasons that I own 3 BSA pcp's is the fact that if I have a problem, someone there will ALWAYS speak to me and help sort things out. Their Chris. Dunne on the technical side has assisted me on several occasions and the very fact that BSA will speak to you, is a considerable deciding factor in why I bought 2 further rifles after the first.

I was surprised to read this, but I suppose if they are aiming at diverting servicing/repairs via dealers/suppliers lots of companies do it these days. It does seem a shame however.

I remember few years back I phoned up regarding repairing an old discontinued rifle (that I bought used from a gun shop) and was invited down to the factory the same week, none of this 'take it back where you bought it from' thinking. I fetched it down, they repaired it there and then and I had a good chat with them and was showed around the site. 10/10 for service, I left thinking 'what a nice surprise regarding after care'. I was surprised at how easy it was to organise the repair.

It filled me with faith in the brand, especially in this throw away society.

I hope they don't go downhill in the service department, as others say it's not exactly buttons that people pay for their products.

I remember ordering a new stock some years ago and being invited to the factory to have it fitted/collected. Ken Gibbon, the MD at the time even took the time to show us around the factory. We walked away with the impression of first rate customer service. It is a shame to hear how this now seems to have been consigned to history.

You can tell a lot from a company from their interaction with customers and being inaccessible does not create the right impression.

J&J
    Last edited by Josie & John; 17-08-2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    It's progress in the face of harder economic times - not that it makes it better for the customer, but Daystates stance is that if they keep pulling technicians off the production line then the lines slows down, they fall behind with orders/production, and that in turn creates more complaints - it's a lose/lose for all companies in this size segment - they are small enough that customers expect personal service, but big enough that they need to change the way they do things to grow and produce products effectively.

Look at large companies like Vauxhall - no one here would dream of calling the factory to ask about a new starter motor

I'm not saying I support this, but I do understand it, and I guess paying someone £20k to answer calls and deal with queries is a big hit on the profits when they have a dealer network already in place who can field these, all be it at a lower level or higher cost to the customer.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

The customer is the person who pays you. If Daystate or AA or BSA sell through a distributor then that distributor is their customer, not you the shooter. They will keep their customers happy. The distributor will concentrate his efforts marketing the products and serving the company that bring him the best return.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

lesmin1 i get your point but vauxhall have lots of great dealers who know there game.try looking for aproved daystate service places and its slim pickings .£150 for a service where they don't change the battery don't touch the circuit board so as far as i can tell its £150 to take it apart and replace a few o rings ??? or am i missing something. even if that is the case i was happy if it stopped the leake but it didn't which makes me think i paid £150 for nothing.the air leake has got worse . i'm not tight and i have custom rifles with top gear etc but fealing robbed at the min.

You have PM
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee