Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: daystate customer service

Just for clarity, did Daystate do the repair costing £150 or was this carried out by the dealer?
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    Just for clarity, did Daystate do the repair costing £150 or was this carried out by the dealer?
    approved daystar repair centre . i wanted to put it in with daystate but refered to dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by zx10mike View Post
    approved daystar repair centre . i wanted to put it in with daystate but refered to dealers.
    Ok, just could not understand why you wanted to talk to Daystate about it if?

For info they stopped taking calls from public around 12 months ago, first point of contact is your local dealer now. If you have a complaint about a dealer that you wish them to be aware of I would email them, contact info is on their website.

For those wishing to order small items like spares there is the online shop or requests can be emailed.

For those that require technical help that the RFD can't help with they can email technical and if necessary they will call you back.

i have sent a message through there site . the wolf has blead 150 psi in 48 hours yet the dealer said they monitored it for 48 hours before asking me to drive over.when i fire it the screen is doing something i have never seen on a wolf too.awaiting replys from both . perhaps someone could shed some light on what is carried out during a service ? one thing is for sure the leake has got a lot worse since taking it to an approved daystate servive centre.

I was talking about Daystate today at a club.
    From what I know in the past,
    What I've read,
    What I've heard,
    What I've seen on Youtube,
    What I've read now,
    I'd never buy a Daystate !

since when do daystate not take calls from private customers ?
    About one year ago I believe. I’ve a small leak on one of my daystates and it’s a dammed small leak but annoying. My nearest dealer is a complete dick and there is no way on gods earth that I would go into his shop.

So ironically my main go to RFD is based up in sunny Staffordshire so I’ll have to make a 350 mile round trip to drop the riffle in. What is more annoying is the fact that the family farm is a ten minute drive away from the factory and guess what that were I stay when up pop up home.

I know the dealer will not be able to sort out the second issue with the rifle it’s go a Friday special barrel.

I’m suppriced that the RFD did not change the battery or any of the internals. As far as I’m aware if Daystate do the service they up grad the internals hence the cost. Mind you the dealer that told me this may have been talking poo poo.

What's the screen doing?

I would expect all O rings to be changed and also a new battery however £150 is a lot less than DS for a service on an electronic gun which is why the person that carried out the work is the person you need to discuss this with.

As far as I know the approved repair shops are approved because they have attended a repair course at Daystate But Daystate don't set the pricing for servicing, perhaps your RFD is cheaper because he decides not to change batteries if they are tested as ok but may be they should have explained this so you know what to expect. I don't know for sure, I am just guessing, only the RFD can explain really.

[QUOTE=airwolf1;7549508]What's the screen doing?

I would expect all O rings to be changed and also a new battery however £150 is a lot less than DS for a service on an electronic gun which is why the person that carried out the work is the person you need to discuss this with.

As far as I know the approved repair shops are approved because they have attended a repair course at Daystate But Daystate don't set the pricing for servicing, perhaps your RFD is cheaper because he decides not to change batteries if they are tested as ok but may be they should have explained this so you know what to expect. I don't know for sure, I am just guessing, only the RFD can explain really.[/QUOTE

https://imgur.com/Becqhov
    the guy said it was the shot counter but it does note change bars and only comes up randomly. once it does i have to turn the rifle off and on again then it will behave for a bit. i put the rifle on charge thinking it was batteries.the servive included putting insulation tape around the battery wires as he said they where stripped. worked fine before.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    This isn't an issue with Daystate, it's an issue with your RFD who has not done a successful repair - take it back and get it fixed for free.

Batteries are not replaced at a service unless they are goosed - just like your car.

Looking at the screen shot you placed on the bars across the display - that is a electronic problem and definitely not anything that should normally be displayed unless briefly at start up, then it should be words and digits, not just bars - take it to a different dealer, they may have done a Daystate course, but they haven't got a clue what they are talking about, probably the guy who done the course left years ago.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    This isn't an issue with Daystate, it's an issue with your RFD who has not done a successful repair - take it back and get it fixed for free.

Batteries are not replaced at a service unless they are goosed - just like your car.

Looking at the screen shot you placed on the bars across the display - that is a electronic problem and definitely not anything that should normally be displayed unless briefly at start up, then it should be words and digits, not just bars - take it to a different dealer, they may have done a Daystate course, but they haven't got a clue what they are talking about, probably the guy who done the course left years ago.

James
    cheers james didn't think it was supposed to do that but didn't like to say till i knew for sure.

thanks for the positive reply guys.many have been stiffed over the years and to be honest i can stand the £150 for nothing but others can't, and i won't .so it is down to these great forums to give a voice and warn others if companies see customer service as beneath them. not one person on this site minds paying for a good rifle but thanks to forums we have a voice that can damage reputations.
    lesmin1 i get your point but vauxhall have lots of great dealers who know there game.try looking for aproved daystate service places and its slim pickings .£150 for a service where they don't change the battery don't touch the circuit board so as far as i can tell its £150 to take it apart and replace a few o rings ??? or am i missing something. even if that is the case i was happy if it stopped the leake but it didn't which makes me think i paid £150 for nothing.the air leake has got worse . i'm not tight and i have custom rifles with top gear etc but fealing robbed at the min.
    While not a great fan of DS this sounds like you have a problem with the dealer that you took it to, unless of course they returned it to DS for repair.

If you paid a dealer for a repair that they have not completed then go back, armed with the phone numbers for both trading standards DS & if the shop won't sort it phone both then & there to complain.

just to clarify guys though i have talked about the issues you will note i have not named names as such.i'm not slating daystate just very surprised they don't offer the customer service that they used to .a company that grows so big it does not want to deal with customers directly imo is going down hill. daystate build great rifles that have given me countless happy hours in the field.re the dealer i'm a harsh task master and if i pay a professional to do a job rather than do it myself it is because i want a stress free professional job done.i guess things don't always go to plan.as it stands the guy who is servicing it has apologised and the rifle is back with him for round 2 .fingers crossed it all ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I was talking about Daystate today at a club.
    From what I know in the past,
    What I've read,
    What I've heard,
    What I've seen on Youtube,
    What I've read now,
    I'd never buy a Daystate !
    Have you read about the guy with the brand spanking Rosso that after a wet HFT session is leaking red and black die from the stock? If I were Daystate I wouldn't take calls from ' private ' ( real as the matter of fact ) customers either. I wonder if people stopped buying certain brands of air guns how many of these dealers would make it to the end of the financial year. Where would the ' customers ' for daystate be then?

Regards,

A.G

I've had a few Daystates in my time, well more than a few actually and I have found every one of them reliable and very accurate. I don't mind paying Daystate prices for rifles like those!

I'm sure there are Friday afternoon specials out there and folks who have the opposite impression of Daystate products and I'm sure they have their reasons.

However, I live not to far from the factory and when I wanted a case for my Mk4IS I called Tony Belas. He met me at the factory and I paid him the cash and was handed the case in Daystate's reception.

When my aftershave wore away some of the stock oil on the same rifle I chanced upon Tony and one of the Italian directors. They told me to take it to the factory. I did and lo ..... a new stock fitted there and then and a small quantity of oil was provided too. I no longer wear aftershave to a shoot.

When my shooting buddy wanted a new Wolverine B - he and I were invited to the factory to select a beautiful stock from their Minelli crates.

That sort of customer service endeared me to the brand and I bought more - but it has changed noticeably and all since the new owners stamped their own mark on the factory.

Tony has gone and I've not seen him since and now we can no longer call the factory direct. It's not change for the better and some Daystate fans will no doubt slip away into the arms of other brands.

The saving grace locally is Staffs Custom Rifles, where David and Shirley Brayford provide that same level of customer service that Daystate have dropped. Dave is ex-Daystate and what he doesn't know about their products (and others) isn't worth knowing! Some of Daystate's network is still excellent.

Would I buy another? Yes! Enough said.

All in all a very sad tale but one entirely symptomatic of the decline of British manufacturing.

John
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177