Thread: daystate customer service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

daystate customer service

since when do daystate not take calls from private customers ?

It's been that way for a while now mate - you can often get a quick answer on the owners group forum.

All of the above.

That's a shame . They always had first rate customer service.

so i can take a daystate into an approved daystate service centre because it has a very slow leak. pay £150 and after a 3.5 hour drive come home to find insulation taped wires and it still leaks the same as before (and my £150 did not include a new battery) but can't talk to them about it ? i have sent them a message but would rather a conversation.

I'm the same - I don't like dealing with companies that you can't speak to - especially if you're paying for a premium product.

Good luck with the rifle.

All of the above.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Did not realise they had stopped taking calls from private customers, if that is the case that stinks. I wonder what justification Daystate would give, it's doubley distasteful when you consider how much their rifles cost.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    IIRC it happened just after the new owners took over.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by zx10mike View Post
    since when do daystate not take calls from private customers ?
    About one year ago I believe. I’ve a small leak on one of my daystates and it’s a dammed small leak but annoying. My nearest dealer is a complete dick and there is no way on gods earth that I would go into his shop.

So ironically my main go to RFD is based up in sunny Staffordshire so I’ll have to make a 350 mile round trip to drop the riffle in. What is more annoying is the fact that the family farm is a ten minute drive away from the factory and guess what that were I stay when up pop up home.

I know the dealer will not be able to sort out the second issue with the rifle it’s go a Friday special barrel.

I’m suppriced that the RFD did not change the battery or any of the internals. As far as I’m aware if Daystate do the service they up grad the internals hence the cost. Mind you the dealer that told me this may have been talking poo poo.

What's the screen doing?

I would expect all O rings to be changed and also a new battery however £150 is a lot less than DS for a service on an electronic gun which is why the person that carried out the work is the person you need to discuss this with.

As far as I know the approved repair shops are approved because they have attended a repair course at Daystate But Daystate don't set the pricing for servicing, perhaps your RFD is cheaper because he decides not to change batteries if they are tested as ok but may be they should have explained this so you know what to expect. I don't know for sure, I am just guessing, only the RFD can explain really.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

[QUOTE=airwolf1;7549508]What's the screen doing?

I would expect all O rings to be changed and also a new battery however £150 is a lot less than DS for a service on an electronic gun which is why the person that carried out the work is the person you need to discuss this with.

As far as I know the approved repair shops are approved because they have attended a repair course at Daystate But Daystate don't set the pricing for servicing, perhaps your RFD is cheaper because he decides not to change batteries if they are tested as ok but may be they should have explained this so you know what to expect. I don't know for sure, I am just guessing, only the RFD can explain really.[/QUOTE

https://imgur.com/Becqhov
    the guy said it was the shot counter but it does note change bars and only comes up randomly. once it does i have to turn the rifle off and on again then it will behave for a bit. i put the rifle on charge thinking it was batteries.the servive included putting insulation tape around the battery wires as he said they where stripped. worked fine before.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    This isn't an issue with Daystate, it's an issue with your RFD who has not done a successful repair - take it back and get it fixed for free.

Batteries are not replaced at a service unless they are goosed - just like your car.

Looking at the screen shot you placed on the bars across the display - that is a electronic problem and definitely not anything that should normally be displayed unless briefly at start up, then it should be words and digits, not just bars - take it to a different dealer, they may have done a Daystate course, but they haven't got a clue what they are talking about, probably the guy who done the course left years ago.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    This isn't an issue with Daystate, it's an issue with your RFD who has not done a successful repair - take it back and get it fixed for free.

Batteries are not replaced at a service unless they are goosed - just like your car.

Looking at the screen shot you placed on the bars across the display - that is a electronic problem and definitely not anything that should normally be displayed unless briefly at start up, then it should be words and digits, not just bars - take it to a different dealer, they may have done a Daystate course, but they haven't got a clue what they are talking about, probably the guy who done the course left years ago.

James
    cheers james didn't think it was supposed to do that but didn't like to say till i knew for sure.