Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
If you do want to try to supercharge it, the post-2005 Turkish Tempests were widely regarded as over-sprung and hard to cock. Chambers list the same replacement spring for them as for the proper Webley ones (which I think is made for Chambers, not new old stock). It’s possible that Highland Outdoors (who own the Webley brand name) might be able to source one for you.

But I agree with Baz and hwtyger: don’t do it. It will make it all hard to cock, slammy and boingy and stress the cocking mechanism.
I agree.

I bought one of the first Turkish ones.

Yes it is more powerful than the original ones but almost totally unusable out of the box - really hard to cock even putting it over your thigh. The extra power does nothing for it - who cares if the original was a measly 2.5 ft/lbs and the Turkish is 4 ft/lbs when if, after cocking it three times your wrist and leg ache so you just give up. I ended up cutting three coils off the spring which made it easier to cock but still had to use my leg as a support and, after ten shots, I still had to put it down as it was too much effort.

By contrast my original Birmingham one is easy to cock simply just flicking the barrel back time after time whilst holding the grip with my other hand.

I am sorely tempted - as suggested to put an original spring into the Turkish model just to see if it improves the action.