Thread: Hawke sidewinder 8=32×56

Hawke sidewinder 8=32×56

Been offered one of these by my mate but really wanted to know would I managed to use these free standing or would I need a rest, I may just put them on my air ranger as I normally only plink with targets and mostly when gun is rested on something,

Hello mate, this is a serious target scope, I wouldn't bother with a scope with 32x mag if you are going to use it mainly for plinking in the garden, it's way too much scope for that my friend, I'd spend my money on a decent 3-9×40, atb Daz

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    These are really nice for the money, but I would not be inclined to use one for hunting or close stuff - say under 30m, they are best for mid to long range work on either outdoor/indoor ranges or on bench rest where you need to see the rings of the targets. Just because it goes to 32 does not mean you have to use that, it may be fine on 24 and just dial it up for accuracy on paper.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I've decided now they will go on my air ranger , I only use it for targets, Have been tempted to join a shooting range club which I will use mostly in the winter , As said above i think free standing is not going to be ideal,
    I am supposed to be picking them up tomorrow so I will give them a try,

Only today picked up this scope, He's a big boy, Yes a lot of money for what I need but I had them cheap so they worth a try,
    It's going to be Sunday at least before I mount them on my ranger but will give them a try,