Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Delux Quick trim

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Unless I misunderstand that’s impossible

Which trimmer do you have exactly and how are you using it, something is wrong.
    I cant see how that would occur either Richard. I am unfamiliar with the trimmer in question, but usually they have a mandrel that holds the case neck central to the cutters (unless its a simple cone cutter).

I normally trim last, after neck sizing has been done, because it fits the mandrel properly and acts as a last check for splits I may have missed.

You would have to present the cutting blades at quite an angle to have it visible, but what I dont get is what Datum was used as the like I say, most rifle cases are slighly tapered to aid feed/extraction. You would need to use a surface plate and some sort of fixed datum to check it.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by blueheckle View Post
    Lol no the die I have is one of the new spec ones , I gave up on Lee as it was just question after question lol
    As you would expect bud, you are suggesting their kit is duff. If that is the case it may be a product fault they may need to flag up.

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    As you would expect bud, you are suggesting their kit is duff. If that is the case it may be a product fault they may need to flag up.
    I've trimmed hundreds of cases with one of these and have not had a problem, it's a really neat system.

The case is held in a shell holder in the press in the usual way, so should be presented to the rotary cutter correctly each time and a few turns of the handle soon trim off any excess.
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham2 View Post
    I've trimmed hundreds of cases with one of these and have not had a problem, it's a really neat system.

The case is held in a shell holder in the press in the usual way, so should be presented to the rotary cutter correctly each time and a few turns of the handle soon trim off any excess.
    If you put a trimmed case in your calipers and turn it do you get the same measurement all round or does it vary thanks

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Same all round the case mouth. This is obviously not the case for you but I really can't work out why.

Very odd!
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!

I have one of these and is really handy tool very confused how it could go out of square. But what I'd do is trim then mark case with pen and rotate 90degress and see what happens because in theory if out of square it would then trim the other side
    sorted

Quote Originally Posted by thesmi View Post
    I have one of these and is really handy tool very confused how it could go out of square. But what I'd do is trim then mark case with pen and rotate 90degress and see what happens because in theory if out of square it would then trim the other side
    I had a thought last night when I took the chamfer tools out the two outer ones were together and the inner chamfer was next can one of you guys check if this is the correct alignment, I will try the marker simple but good idea tks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham2 View Post

I know, I was trying to suggest why Lee would ask a lot of questions