Thread: Horsham Hawks Summer Open Series 2018 – Round Three Results – 19.08.18

Horsham Hawks Summer Open Series 2018 – Round Three Results – 19.08.18

Horsham Hawks Summer Open Series 2018 – Round Three Results – 19.08.18

Well done everyone and very many thanks to those who turned up for the third round of the Horsham Hawks 2018 Summer Open Series. The weather just about held up without rain, but there was a very tricky wind in the field and elsewhere which made life difficult - very different to what we have been having of late. I hope that everyone enjoyed themselves? Many congratulations to our winners - some great scores there given the conditions - and a warm welcome to the new shooters who came along today.

Below are the results, published in the usual format. Any errors are mine alone and if you would be kind enough to ‘ping me’ a note, I will make any necessary corrections.

I have uploaded the data into a spreadsheet, so that the results for the whole series can be viewed in full. These can be seen at:-
    http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/003ef4...07612da895.pdf

Don't forget that the last round for your diaries, cell phones, laptops or tablets will be:-

. round 4 - Sunday 23rd September 2018

Open
    Bob Pattenden 55 100%
    Justin Rayner 55 100%
    Nigel Buchan 53 96.364%
    Kevin Hills 52 94.545%
    Derek Watson 52 94.545%
    Maciek Pajek 51 92.727%
    Ewan Hobbs 50 90.909%
    Anthony Smith 50 90.909%
    Lol Moore 49 89.091%
    Phil Moody 47 85.455%
    Spencer Bailey 45 81.818%
    Stuart Holt 45 81.818%
    Ivan Edmiston 43 78.182%
    Gary Morisson 43 78.182%
    Norbert Pajek 43 78.182%
    Roy Pearce 43 78.182%
    Simon Whittick 43 78.182%
    Darren Purnell 41 74.545%
    Richard Simpson 39 70.909%%

Recoiling/.22
    Aaron Friend 49 89.091%
    Russ Connor 44 80%
    Don Vickers 44 80%
    Sebastian Mazurczak 27 49.091%

Ladies
    Barbara Pearce 46 83.636%
    Louise Gray 40 72.727%
    Sarah Vickers 39 70.909%

Juniors
    Gabriel Hobbs 41 74.545%
    Toby Gray 31 56.363%

Very best wishes,

Phil

Cheers Phil and the Horsham members great course with a tricky wind. Enjoyed that top bombing bob and justin also

Very well done to the top shots once more, sorry about the knee Kevin (same time next week ?).

Very much appreciated the time / effort you guys put in for a very sweet course, some tricky little buggers there was too like the 'half a kill' shot round the Ol 'Oak Tree
    Started off great we did on peg 7, 3 pegs down no misses & into the woods forgetting we then had the last 1-6 windy pegs to do at the end, yep that sorted the scores good n proper lol

We shall make the 23rd Sept, especially now as my lad knows there is a Burger King just round the corner, don't expect him to miss any more Horsham shoots PLUS he sais can you host more
    Atb

Biblical

HalForToom was a kindly god, he took note when he heard the persistent prayers of LuOrLin, one of his flock , who he had noted was most dutiful to the nobel arts.

The prayers were consistent in their detail, LuOrLin was convinced he could attain a level such that he would be a worthy member of HalForToom's elite guard, all he needed was a golden bow.

HalForToom granted his wish, and the most perfect artifact the gods artisans had ever crafted was delivered to LuOrLin.

The bow was such that in the hands of a true believer all its arrows flew straight and true, all that was needed was for LuOrLin to have faith and do his part.

Try as he might LuOrLin just couldn't provide the level belief and control required for the bow to show its true capability, again and again he dissapointed HalForTin and his pantheon.

The gods were patient, LuOrLin was persistant...the journey continues...
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Thanks to all Hawkies, a tricky but honest course, spot on.
    Always a pleasure to shoot with Aaron and san, good giggles and banter. Gutted for Harvey as he zero shifted badly.
    Just checked the leader board, awesome ! Didn't know I was doing that well. It's amazing how well you can do with a cheap plastic BSA ultra and a budget scope. The true essence of HFT shows you can't buy points.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob P View Post
    Thanks to all Hawkies, a tricky but honest course, spot on.
    Always a pleasure to shoot with Aaron and san, good giggles and banter. Gutted for Harvey as he zero shifted badly.
    Just checked the leader board, awesome ! Didn't know I was doing that well. It's amazing how well you can do with a cheap plastic BSA ultra and a budget scope. The true essence of HFT shows you can't buy points.
    Amazing what can be achieved with 12 inches....of barrel top shooting Oakie Bob and the mighty ultra

Epiphany...

For many years LuOrLin threw every sinew of his being into his quest to reach the standard required to be considered for the much coveted elite guard, heart and soul toiled.

He was convinced to this point the only barrier to fulfilling his quest was the basic nature of his bow, others could not understand, LuOrLin and his bowmanship were much admired by his family.

The ancient much worn family bow, hewn from the bough of a Yew tree which had stood behind the family home for centuries and had provided bows for generations lost, the bow was tensioned with the sinew and rawhide mix which was a secret passed from father to son within the family for generations forgotton.

His gifted bow was crafted from materials he had no concept of, deep lustrous metals all merged to form not only a thing of great beauty but also a purposeful efficiency - he simply had to believe and his place would be assured .

LuOrLin practiced every waking hour with his gods bow, his faith driving him....but deep down a realisation was dawning, he simply could not better the true nature of his family bow.

The day of reckoning arrived, the great elite guard competition, LuOrLin was summoned first to the feet of HalForToon, the great god laid his challenge, to shoot a single straight arrow and hit an apple sat on a rock almost a full corn fields distance.

LuOrLin had arrived with both his bows...which to use...
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Oh, forgot...

Forgot to thank the Hawkies...good job chaps, could do with some shorter stuff though

Derek, your a star, cheers mate, you have to laugh

I agree with Bob, all posh guns should be banned

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester

Touched ......

..... touched I say.
    Some of you are just plain touched.