Hi Guys,

I posted a thread a few weeks ago mentioning that I started going to a local airgun club in Nottingham. I have always been a fan of airguns but did not have a chance to shoot before. The guys in the club are super friendly; they lend their airguns (PCPS) to me to try. I also shot with spring loaded club guns.

After three weeks of shooting, I am hooked and loved it to bits. Now, it is time to consider my first airgun setup. I tried a few guns in the club and they have a different feeling. Today, I tried S200 which I never considered as an option to buy for myself but it was super fun and easy to shoot. I also tried few daystate (huntsman and airwolf MCT) both very nice guns. However, I would like to hear from you as well about your experience with airguns.

The gun should be easy to handle (light and well balanced), not very complicated, so more reliable and less thing can go wrong. It should be regulated and if it looks good (i know that is subjective) that's a bonus. I prefer to buy second hand if I found the right setup (mint condition with significant savings over the new one) but if not I will get a brand new setup. My budget is around £1000 for the rifle+scope. I can go a bit higher if really needed to.

My candidate so far (i never had a chance to try it out yet) is FX Streamline or the Dreamline if they come out soon. And scope contenders are AZTEC emerald, MTC Viper Pro, Optisan or Hawke Airmax based on internet review. I will go to local gunshops to see those in the flesh as well. But, I would like to hear from you guys as well.

Best regards,

Murat