Thread: Age of Webley Mark 3 Rifle

Age of Webley Mark 3 Rifle - and the Webley 3 makes 3

Just picked up a Webley Mark 3 at a Airgun Show. Serial number 21350, I’m sure there are members here that would know the age of manufacture. Thanks

The addition of the Webley 3 makes a nice post war trio I have collected. And the potential for a fun backyard shoot-off. Only thing missing is a prestine Falke? In my dreams!

Last edited by 45flint; 20-08-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Seems you have a first series MKIII as the number is below 2500.
    They started with #1 in 1947 and ended the first series with #2500 in 1949, so presume yours was made 1948/49.

-------------------------------------
    Frank

Note the serial # is actually 21350. According to Chris Thrale's excellent Webley Air Rifles, that makes this gun a "3d Series" version, with examples cited from just over 6000 to 24297. The bulbous stock of Series 4 arrived in 1957, which would suggest this one is likely from '54 to '56.

Don R.

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Note the serial # is actually 21350. According to Chris Thrale's excellent Webley Air Rifles, that makes this gun a "3d Series" version, with examples cited from just over 6000 to 24297. The bulbous stock of Series 4 arrived in 1957, which would suggest this one is likely from '54 to '56.

Don R.
    Just found my old Hiller book and you are right on. Cool to have the old style stock and the mid 1950s. Puts it datewise right after the Diana 50 and right before the Airsporter MK2. Thanks for the info and the rifle. Your table is always my first stop at a gun show.

Silly me.
    Must be the old age.LOL

------------------
    Frank

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Just found my old Hiller book and you are right on. Cool to have the old style stock and the mid 1950s. Puts it datewise right after the Diana 50 and right before the Airsporter MK2. Thanks for the info and the rifle. Your table is always my first stop at a gun show.
    I was about to post the same information as Don as soon as I returned home from work, but he beat me to it!
    If you pm me your email address I'll scan and mail to you the relevant details on your particular series rifle.
    Mine's a much more recent early 70's model, but truly a classic rifle - I love it.
    Atb, Clogger

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker

Inbox full

Hi Flinty, can you clear your inbox, it's full.
    Clogger

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    Hi Flinty, can you clear your inbox, it's full.
    Clogger
    Just cleared it