Thread: air rifle

air rifle

my air rifle is set for 25 yards,i can use it ok,but if my mate has a go he cant hit the target, why.i am left handed, he is right.

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    In a similar way that you wouldn't expect to be able to see perfectly with another persons prescription glasses, the scope is set for you, the setup will likely need some degree of adjustment to be right for your pal.

Not sure on the gun you are using but it could be as simple as he's using a different hold to you? Especially in a recoiling gun such as a springer?

Or he can't shoot?

I'll get me coat.....

You need to set up a paper target. If his shots are in a small group but off-target it's as above, personal adjustment .
    If they splatter all over the target he is just crap at shooting

Probably as above due to parallax error
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman56 View Post
    my air rifle is set for 25 yards,i can use it ok,but if my mate has a go he cant hit the target, why.i am left handed, he is right.
    And there you have it , presumably you have a lefty stock ?

I can shoot my rifles Lefty at a push but nowhere near as accurately as righty because the cheek rest is wrongly positioned for lefty.

I've shot quite a few right handed TX200's and I can only shoot lefty. Never had to adjust anything for any particular gun except one certain gun. I always shot about 1" to the side with the one TX owned by a friend. He also shot my guns to the opposite side about 1". Probably shot 10 different TX's and always spot on except the one fellows gun. I now own that gun as well, so I adjusted it to suit me. It's also the the most precise shooting TX I've ever seen. Or, should I say accurate? I am still confused.