Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Diana really using parts not made in Germany? or is it fake news.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Is Diana really using parts not made in Germany? or is it fake news.

Bighit sometime back posted a link to a German forum where someone posted that major Diana parts were not being made in Germany, this turned me off the new Diana factory and new Diana's.

But there seem no other mention elsewhere ( Does anyone have any real evidence that Diana's are not made in Germany?)

It is starting to look like fake news

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Nope, you're just going to have to live with it.

I'm sure I saw a video of Diana explaining their new range and it said about the parts being made in China and being assembled in Germany, so they can get around the "Made in Germany" bit, I don't think you're going to be finding any more news about it, fake or not as Diana aren't going to want to keep bringing up the subject as they probably are finding it a bit embarrassing and want the whole cock up to just go away.

It's almost like another Ratners carbuncle and I wouldn't be surprised if something happens to Diana over the next couple of years, they've never really had a foot hold in the UK, so their loyal fan base is pretty non existent in this country, so wouldn't really be missed if they went under, as for the U.S. market, what with the introduction of the new U.S. made SIG air rifle, that could be taking a big chunk of European made air rifle sales and could finish off Diana, especially if they bring out an underlever model at a later date.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 28-08-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I wonder if it like swiss watches. That so much % has to be Swiss made parts to be called Swiss made watch, I think its as low as 50%, I know Tag and Gucci are close to that! Maybe Diana use enough German made parts to be call them German made? How do we know that say a tx200 has 100% British made parts fitted, I doubt very much.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I wonder if it like swiss watches. That so much % has to be Swiss made parts to be called Swiss made watch, I think its as low as 50%, I know Tag and Gucci are close to that! Maybe Diana use enough German made parts to be call them German made? How do we know that say a tx200 has 100% British made parts fitted, I doubt very much.
    We all know that Air Arms stocks and barrels are from other counties but I'm sure the other parts are made by them as they have machinery in their factory, which they wouldn't need if they didn't make the parts, whether or not the metal they us is British made is another thing.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Bighit sometime back posted a link to a German forum where someone posted that major Diana parts were not being made in Germany, this turned me off the new Diana factory and new Diana's.

But there seem no other mention elsewhere ( Does anyone have any real evidence that Diana's are not made in Germany?)

It is starting to look like fake news
    How can it be fake news ? They would get sued by Diana if they were lying don't you think?

Or are you in denial that your fave rifles are now being made cheaper and not 100% German?

Wouldn't be surprised if many of the big players aren't outsourcing the manufacture of some parts to the Chinese.

Yes they'll have the ability to make them but when margins are tight, they need to keep costs down.

Maybe its the reason for a reduction in quality that we see in some brands ?

The finish on some trigger components particularly, over the last few years, don't seem to be shouting made in Germany or England
    Last edited by robs5230; 28-08-2018 at 06:24 AM.
    B.A.S.C. member

It was not China Diana was using. It was Bulgaria if I remember right.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    man, what's the world coming to. Next they'll make making quality German BMWs in Spain...

Mind you, I think I'd rather have a Spanish BM than a Bulgarian Diana...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    We all know that Air Arms stocks and barrels are from other counties but I'm sure the other parts are made by them as they have machinery in their factory, which they wouldn't need if they didn't make the parts, whether or not the metal they us is British made is another thing.

Pete
    How far can that line be pursued? We don't have any bauxite worth mining in this country so all of our aluminium is imported.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    How can it be fake news ? They would get sued by Diana if they were lying don't you think?

Or are you in denial that your fave rifles are now being made cheaper and not 100% German?
    LOL two funny questions

Do you really think Diana would sue someone on a forum, just look at all the nonsense and fake news on forums.

Why would you think that I am in denial I would be one of the first to report something like this if it was true, i'm trying to get at the truth not run away from it.

there are already inconsistencies in this thread you say Bulgaria and Pete says he is sure Diana said china in a video but where is the evidence.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    man, what's the world coming to. Next they'll make making quality German BMWs in Spain...

Mind you, I think I'd rather have a Spanish BM than a Bulgarian Diana...
    Actually all the X series BMWs are as German made as Root Beer and Mom's Apple Pie!

LOL two funny questions

Do you really think Diana would sue someone on a forum, just look at all the nonsense and fake news on forums.

Why would you think that I am in denial I would be one of the first to report something like this if it was true, i'm trying to get at the truth not run away from it.

there are already inconsistencies in this thread you say Bulgaria and Pete says he is sure Diana said china in a video but where is the evidence.
    Search for the post I posted about the company that is involved. They had it on their website they were working with Diana.

Diana is buying Chinese guns and having them badged Diana . That's where the China part comes in.

When I said about suing i meant the company saying they were working with Diana not the forum user.

The forum user linked to the company abounding they were working with Diana.

Why don't you ask Diana direct and get "their" side of the story?

LOL two funny questions

IIRC, I recall from interviews from one of the European shooting shows, the Diana rep' stated that a factory in Bulgaria was established. From the new product line, some new product was clearly rebadged Chinese product (rebadged CP2, PR900 and M22)
    https://www.diana-airguns.de/ab/prod...ssluftgewehre/

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    Foreign barrels, foreign stocks

There’s not much British in air arms these days.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Last edited by bighit; 28-08-2018 at 11:57 AM.