Thread: Airshow Bringback 1956? Webley Mark 3

Airshow Bringback 1956? Webley Mark 3

Just back from a Airgun Show picked up this British Classic see below. Ever since I acquired my Airsporter Mark 2 I have been interested in getting the Webley counterpart. Fun that this is just a few years younger than my BSA. Love the blued milled precision. Was getting 10 FP with JSB SuperDomes which seems right on to the era. A precise shooter as well. Relishing taking both these British classics that dominated the 50s-60s and see which one I would pick. Probably both. Lol Though I’m sure common fair for your Airgun shows, in the US it is an event to see these classics here for sale.

https://imgur.com/a/it8wPCC
    Last edited by 45flint; 20-08-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Lovely condition, great find!

The BSA Airsporter is better looking but the Webley is better made; I would have picked both too.

Another lovely find. You make it seem that the best preserved classic airguns are on your side of the pond!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    The BSA Airsporter is better looking but the Webley is better made; I would have picked both too.

Another lovely find. You make it seem that the best preserved classic airguns are on your side of the pond!

John
    In collecting you can read about a gun look at pics but having the gun in your hand shooting is really what is needed to know and appreciate a rifle. The Webley is a treat, feels right in my hands, solid and seemingly compact. It’s shoots extremely well and the open sights are very nice. The only negative is that short cocking arm makes it a bit of a bear to cock. Bluing is magnificent.

As far as the best preserved British classics are over here, I have this take. In Britain you grew up with these guns and shot them, they were tools and fun. Over here no kid growing up ever had this nice an Airgun if he did evolve into nicer weapons it was a 22. I don’t know how these rifles got over here but I would imagine most were to adult enthusiasts and collectors. Most collectors may shoot their rifles but I doubt very much. Also they made a lot of these rifles but over here, I having been collecting 3 years now been to 5 Airgun shows. I have seen 2 Webley Mark 3, and heard of one selling the day before the show. I am on auction sites all the time and have never seen a Mark 3. I’m sure they are barried in collections, like this one will be.
    Last edited by 45flint; 20-08-2018 at 11:19 PM.

I live in Canada and have been collecting vintage airguns for 12 years. Only once have I seen a Webley Mark 3 for sale. It was at a firearms auction and thankfully no one else had an interest in it. It is very well made and one of my favourite rifles to shoot.

DELETED.
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 22-08-2018 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Popular demand.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Nice one. Looks like yours may have the early trigger design, the experts will know. My RFD gets quite a few of these through his shop, normally they need a clean up and cold blue and they look quite nice. A very robust rifle easy to work on.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Delete that. I can’t read sometimes....