Thread: I've just received an empty Jiffy Bag in the post today, gutted !

I've just received an empty Jiffy Bag in the post today, gutted !

There should have been seven Webley Air Pistol Barrels in it according to the sender, we'll never see those again !

Vic Thompson.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Claim via the sender. Even non recorded or registered sends have a basic level of compo, and if recorded or registered, you will be covered up to £50 via recorded and up to £500 via registered (registered being otherwise known as special delivery). Hope it all comes good? Keep us posted (pun intended ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    There should have been seven Webley Air Pistol Barrels in it according to the sender, we'll never see those again !

Vic Thompson.
    Hi have you been intouch with the sender?. is someone on here.

Sounds like they were possibly not sufficiently well packed.

Empty or damaged/opened and empty
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

thanks for the replies to date. Basically it's the person who sent me the items who "loses the money" as the agreement was that I'd choose the ones that I wanted from the selection and return the rest and pay the outstanding balance when meeting up at Kempton Park in a couple of weeks time. The package was received open and empty. However, that was one of the few occasions when I've been offered Webley Barrels to swap over with my existing ones and improve the overall appearance of the pistol, so I do feel aggrieved if not out of pocket financially. I've spoken to my friend who shipped the barrels to me but I don't hold out any hope whatsover of reasonable restitution for him as they were sent second class unsigned with a £20 compensation limit. The package weight on the stamp does correspond to what he said was in it to start with, it's 500 gm approx lighter now.

As regards "well packed or not", I go overboard on wrapping tape, it avoids any ambiguity in cases like this, others take note. I do feel that he sender could have done similar, but we are all wise after the event.

Vic T

Unfortunately I've had small Jiffy bags ending up the same arriving empty. On one occasion some toe rag had taken the items out of a coin bag inside a jiffy envelope after carefully slitting the envelope open taking items out (2 leather Webley breech seals) then put the bag back in and carried on with the delivery. I assumed he/she thought they were jewelry items? I'd no compensation as I'd put in post box.