Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Break Barrel should i choose for a Bullpup Project?

Not sure how practical a suggestion this would be but I used to have a bsa supersport ss carbine in .25 that I often thought would be great as a semi bullpup. Already has the short barrel and in .25 it was a superb barn gun

There's a thread from a few days ago asking about shortening a HW99 barrel- quite a bit of info on re-crowning etc there.

Someone mentioned a Remington Express. Out of pure personal interest, I second that.

Not seen many tune / mod jobs on them at all. I know the AR1 Tune is out there, but not much else.

Shame, I enjoy having a plink with mine. Had decent results with it in the field too. Would be nice to see a proper dedicated go at one.
    "Patron Saint of Righteous Rage for the voiceless outcast"

I rocks a Walther

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Brian View Post
    There's a thread from a few days ago asking about shortening a HW99 barrel- quite a bit of info on re-crowning etc there.
    cheers. hadn't spotted it - very useful stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by BBP_1 View Post
    Someone mentioned a Remington Express. Out of pure personal interest, I second that.

Not seen many tune / mod jobs on them at all. I know the AR1 Tune is out there, but not much else.

Shame, I enjoy having a plink with mine. Had decent results with it in the field too. Would be nice to see a proper dedicated go at one.

Was not aware of it. Just been looking it up - can't believe you can get is as a 'deal' with scope and mounts (and bag too!) for under £140 new. Watched AirgunGearShow video review. Not bad at all.

A New HW80 package would be £400'ish in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    Was not aware of it. Just been looking it up - can't believe you can get is as a 'deal' with scope and mounts (and bag too!) for under £140 new. Watched AirgunGearShow video review. Not bad at all.

A New HW80 package would be £400'ish in comparison.
    Ok Rifle, I like mine very much so.
    "Patron Saint of Righteous Rage for the voiceless outcast"

I rocks a Walther

Which breaker ?

I think that the smaller break barrel rifles are better in standard or just carbined to give a bit more pointability
    with less compromise of balance and scope position and type .

My take on a Bullpup is to have as long a rifle as possible whilst making it as short as possible .

Too short

With a breaker you need to think about front hand position ,do you hold just in front of trigger and rest your arm
    on your pulsing torso or have a very long split front end or clamp a hand hold to the barrel .

If you fit a scope I have found that a lot of compact scopes also have a short eye relief which is a double bonus
    as fit is king .

If you select your best FITTING rifle and draw round the profile onto a piece of card then place the chosen action
    onto card and work into the best compromise for you .

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    If you fit a scope I have found that a lot of compact scopes also have a short eye relief which is a double bonus
    as fit is king .

If you select your best FITTING rifle and draw round the profile onto a piece of card then place the chosen action
    onto card and work into the best compromise for you .
    Agreed. Nice suggestion: I've got lots of mdf off cuts I can use once I have a chosen action to shape and hone fit