Thread: TX200 Mk 3

TX200 Mk 3

Hi I am new to this sight.
    I have a TX200 and would like to have some advice on whether to invest in a Tinbum tune on this rifle?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hi Jarrison
    Welcome to the shooting side.
    I have fitted a tbt kit to a TX200. If you just want to get rid of a twang the spring guide & top hat kit is fine. I short stroked mine with the maxi pro kit. I liked it but some don't. If you can get to the bash on the weekend of 07/09 you will be able to shoot several rifles in all states of tune
    Pete

I put one in my prosport and it shoots nice but no short stroke . Trying at the bash is a good option as well as a great day/weekend

I didnt like the shortstroke kit, others do so its a feel thing I guess. Anyone want to try a TL 22mm tx find me at Petes as Ill have both calibres with me and your welcome to try them

Chris
    Last edited by 32:1; 22-08-2018 at 07:08 AM.
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Short stroking doesn't do much for me either. The flavour of the month at the moment is the reduction of piston size to 22mm I believe but this only works well with full length TX.

A.G

If you want to do a bit more than a short stroke extension, but not as much as a 22mm reduced cylinder I can recommend trying to find a mk1 or MK2 piston with the longer latch rod (so shorter stroke) and use a standard air arms MK1 or MK2 spring.

That's what I've got in my competition rifle and very very happy with it. If I'm having a good day its almost up there with the PCP's

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    If you want to do a bit more than a short stroke extension, but not as much as a 22mm reduced cylinder I can recommend trying to find a mk1 or MK2 piston with the longer latch rod (so shorter stroke) and use a standard air arms MK1 or MK2 spring.

That's what I've got in my competition rifle and very very happy with it. If I'm having a good day its almost up there with the PCP's

And if you want to go even shorter in stroke you can fit a Walther LGV piston with a MK2 TX Spring into a TX to get down to a 76.5mm stroke.

Edit :- This isn't my discovery btw --- Tony Leach tried this way before me.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 22-08-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Short stroking doesn't do much for me either. The flavour of the month at the moment is the reduction of piston size to 22mm I believe but this only works well with full length TX.

A.G
    NO
    AG, my .22 hc is SWEET

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    NO
    AG, my .22 hc is SWEET

Chris
    The HC can be a tad harsh at times compared to the full length so anything that helps is welcome. Mine, also a .22, is very sweet with just a top hat and guide replacement and very powerful too without any preload.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    That's what I've got in my competition rifle and very very happy with it. Unless I'm at Nomads and the wind's blowing, its almost up there with the PCP's
    Fixed it for you, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Fixed it for you, Dan.
    Jim don't, the memory is still too painful

No fault of the TX though. User error all the way