Hi all I need help !!! I have an old Webley that I have personally owned since I was about 10 years old, unfortunately the sear has broken in half! I have no idea how but it has. So I am looking for a sear and sear spring, the original is worn and lost its shape, the rest of the pistol is ok and I have many happy memories of myself and my Dad shooting various objects in the garage and out in the fields so it's only write it should be back in working order. I have tried the usual parts places on the web but no one has anything at this time.

Other than buying one has anyone ever made one? I have the ability, I have tool steel that can be hardened and good files to shape the part but how hard does it have to be? how much tempering will it need? as I say making it not a problem, making it correctly however is ie the correct material, hardness and temper or is it spring steel? I just don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a sear with spring they want to sell that would be fantastic.

Thanks Russ