Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Chell

Paul Chell

Is he ok? Sent a cylinder End of July for a reblue. Confirmed he had received it and heard nothing since even after a few emails to him. Have had items done by him before and not a problem so was wondering if anything has happend to him?
    Mach 1.5

He listed a 77 for sale elsewhere this afternoon, so he is very much alive and kicking.

Hangs about that face site a lot. Hw restorations or something like that.

Think the facey group is called shooters restorations, I've never heard anything but good words about him so I wouldn't worry and I will see if I can contact him on fb for you.

Paul's a member on here "ozgood" and also on the other forum on his own name.
    Shooters restorations group on FB.

Paul's reblacked 3 rifles for me in the last 4 months. Superb work.
    B.A.S.C. member

He's left a mess on a couple of guns me and 'simmo' on here had to re-do for people. That's when we were restoring lots of guns on the FB sites. Ask him about the HW90 he did where I had to re-black it and we also had to rebuild the gas ram where Chell had filled it with grease. 😂😂
    The guy who's 90 it was had to get money back off chell after we had got it back right.
    Simmo has just had to put an airmasters 80 right what chell had had his hands on too.
    I've no doubt this post will get deleted, but let me tell you all, he's not as good as people think he is. 🤔
    Fozzy

Matt Winterbourne was the guys name on FB who we had to do the 90 for that Chell had f##### up with grease.
    The 80 airmasters he's just had his hands on left chell without a piston seal. So was slamming up against the cylinder. The port was too big, so simmo has had to drill it, tap it and plug it with a grub screw and re-drill it to the proper size.
    These are facts and should be aired IMO.
    Fozzy

P.C

Thanks for the input chaps. I only want a response to my emails as I'm only requesting an update on my cylinder? Must be on holiday? Regards Mach 1 5

Paul Chell

It appears other people are having no luck also get a response from emails they have sent. Very strange I must say. Mach 1.5

He's got a gun for sale on the airgunforum mate, I bet he's watching that, atb Daz

Ok iam here now

right lets put a few things straight Mr Foster your right about the hw90 well half right anyway
    when Matt came to pick up his hw90 it was not charged i told Matt this a few days before he came to pick up and he said he would charge it himself and i can assure you it was NOT full of grease
    so my fault or not i did the right thing by Matt and he also had a free blacking
    and as for the Airmasters that is a complete load of rubbish a friend of mine sent me the hw80 airmasters for blacking he brought a project rifle and when the job was done we found out that the transfur port had been drilled out by the last owner nothing to do with me
    and Paul ive sent you an email

Paul has blacked over 15 rifles for me, and there has never been a problem with the rifles when I've received them back from him, until the Airmasters Mastersport hw80 came back to me. The problem wasn't caused by Paul! When I received it back I wasn't happy with the way it was shooting, and Paul advised me to discuss it with Nick, who knows everything about Airmasters tuned rifles. Straight away Nick knew what the issue was and offered to resolve the issues for me. At no point was there ever any thought that the problems were caused by Paul. The issues were that a previous owner had changed the calibre from .22 to .177, which combined with the 4mm Airmasters port and a few other missing Airmasters parts caused the rifle to shoot very badly. Nick has now resolved the issues and I am looking forward to getting the rifle back. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either Nick or Paul for their areas of expertise. If I remember correctly, I had removed the piston seal before I gave the rifle to Nick to sort.
    Last edited by Shaunj; 22-08-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Thank you Shaunj for the correct version of the story not Mr Fosters bullshite version

I have had a couple of my rifles worked on by Paul including a HW35e which he totally rebuilt for me (which I have literally opened 5 mins ago) and as usual his work is stunning. Thoroughly nice bloke, craftsman and gent. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending him to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    right lets put a few things straight Mr Foster your right about the hw90 well half right anyway
    when Matt came to pick up his hw90 it was not charged i told Matt this a few days before he came to pick up and he said he would charge it himself and i can assure you it was NOT full of grease
    so my fault or not i did the right thing by Matt and he also had a free blacking
    and as for the Airmasters that is a complete load of rubbish a friend of mine sent me the hw80 airmasters for blacking he brought a project rifle and when the job was done we found out that the transfur port had been drilled out by the last owner nothing to do with me
    and Paul ive sent you an email
    I think we need Matt Winterbourne's story as to what you did to the 90. That gun came to us with the ram full of grease. You'd had it apart and the grease didn't get there itself. I can assure you, it was full of grease. We had to weld the ram up due to it having a great big slit in the cocking slot which was damaged due to the wrong cocking shoe. We put new seals on it too and got it right. But i suppose that's the difference between them who know and them who don't. Had you been the HW restorer you claim to be, you would have found this out.
    I had to reblack it because the job you did was shite. That's why Matt asked for money back, but in the end if I'm not mistaken, you gave him a gun instead.

As for the Airmasters 80, I thought you were HW restorers on facebook. That job should have been a piece of p### to you surely. 😂😂😂

Fozzy