Thread: Bowkett SSP??

Bowkett SSP??

Hi all following a minor interest in SSPs....
    I bought a small sideleaver pneumatic years ago being told it was a Bowkett....not strictly Single stroke as it will allow a further pump and it's also smooth bore. I bought it as a curio.....
    I have now found pictures of an identical rifle on his Face book page....so it's probable.....
    My question is are Bowketts collectable to a similar degree as other custom houses or is it just unique to the odd fan?? As I know he did a lot of experimental work does that then devalue it with overpopulation......
    Just a few thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Hi all following a minor interest in SSPs....
    I bought a small sideleaver pneumatic years ago being told it was a Bowkett....not strictly Single stroke as it will allow a further pump and it's also smooth bore. I bought it as a curio.....
    I have now found pictures of an identical rifle on his Face book page....so it's probable.....
    My question is are Bowketts collectable to a similar degree as other custom houses or is it just unique to the odd fan?? As I know he did a lot of experimental work does that then devalue it with overpopulation......
    Just a few thoughts??
    I've had some very interesting conversations with John over the years about his designs, a little surpised it's smoothbore though, unless modified by someone else
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I've had some very interesting conversations with John over the years about his designs, a little surpised it's smoothbore though, unless modified by someone else
    I would be surprised if it's been modified by another, it looks original to the gun and fits the size and dimensions of the pictures I have......but yes very surprised myself to find it smoothbore.....still shoots nice

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I would be surprised if it's been modified by another, it looks original to the gun and fits the size and dimensions of the pictures I have......but yes very surprised myself to find it smoothbore.....still shoots nice
    Perhaps give John a call and have a chat with him about it, I'm sure he will remember it if it is one of his
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177