Thread: Webley Hawk mkII

Webley Hawk mkII

I have a webley Hawk mkII in .22 flavour, had it since I was very young (dad bought it me from a shop in alderley edge) I remember being very excited at the time, anyway dug it out and somewhere allong it’s years (I’m 51 now) it has lost its safety catch, not sure how as I can’t rememner but it still has the open sights and shoots straight, where is the best place to get a new safety and also what is it worth (I’m not selling it as my dad bought it me) just interested. Thank you

I have the same with both barrels!

Bought by my father when I was about 14.

Chambers or knibbs probably have the spares, if not, pm me as I was put in touch with an old boy who has a houseload of spares for these old heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmerfudd View Post
    I have a webley Hawk mkII in .22 flavour, had it since I was very young (dad bought it me from a shop in alderley edge) I remember being very excited at the time, anyway dug it out and somewhere allong it’s years (I’m 51 now) it has lost its safety catch, not sure how as I can’t rememner but it still has the open sights and shoots straight, where is the best place to get a new safety and also what is it worth (I’m not selling it as my dad bought it me) just interested. Thank you
    It seems a lot of the Hawks were bought as presents, I was 11 when I got mine now I'm 52 and will never be sold. Let's face it sentiment is the only reason to keep them. They were at times dangerous, but if you do the jobs that Webley should have done in the factory, (Spring Guide, transfer port reduction, piston seal change etc!!) they make quite nice shooters. Value wise, probably not much more than our great dads paid, but priceless in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmerfudd View Post
    I have a Hawk in bits that I've been parting out, I may well have what your looking for, I'll check tomorrow and if I do will let you know,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    I have a Hawk in bits that I've been parting out, I may well have what your looking for, I'll check tomorrow and if I do will let you know,
    Thank you