Thread: Webley & Scott Jaguar information

Webley & Scott Jaguar information

Does anyone know where or who might have information on these old guns?
    I would like to date them, if possible by their serial numbers, one I have complete is s/n 230, & another (action only) s/n 3293.

BTW I know Chambers lists parts & plans for them.

TIA for any help,
    Cheers,
    John

Dennis Hillers Air Rifles books spring to my mind and perhaps contacting Webley or even John Knibbs to see if they can provide any information.

(Note: According to D. Hiller 3rd edition the Ranger was only made for one year - 1970 and some parts may interchange with the Original model 22).

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 27-09-2005 at 02:12 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

John.

My Jaguar is serial number 491 and was bought as a Christmas pressie for me in 1963, I think. Was it 1963/1964 we had the bad winter I remember being off school because of snow, and plinking with it in the back garden then anyway.

Your complete one would be about the same age or a little older going by this reconing.

Hope this helps, and if you do get to find out for sure, I would be intersted as well

Cheers
    Bob

vini vidi velcro
    I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Cheers Ian & Bob, I'll be sure to let you know if I find out any more.
    IIRC it was 1963 when I robbed my piggy bank, (mum was not pleased) & bought an airsporter. It soon paid for itself many times over, I was paid by the water board to kill vermin on their land, but the money never went back into savings
    I can't remember when or how I came by the Jaguars though

According to 'Hiller' the Jaguar was produced in the early to late 70's, and incorporates parts from both the Junior and Ranger rifles, the cylinder was the same as Diana Model 22.
    Even though I am a Webley collector this is not a rifle I have much interest in, therefore I can't supply any personal knowledge of it's workings or history.
    if I were to find a minty one for sale, I would probably buy it just to add to the collection. I already have a boxed Junior and a boxed Ranger.

I remember my kid brother having a Jaguar for Christmas (complete with a Webley 4 x 20 scope) - must have been around 1970. All I can remember about it was that was a nice little rifle, much lighter than my Meteor, with a very slim fore end to the stock. The barrel had a sort of steel wrapper around the barrel.