Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther LGV

Walther LGV

Hello All,

Yes i have searched, read, devoured and re-read many, many of you good folks threads on the ol' Walther.

I am picking one up second hand (mint) tomorrow, so its most definitely a step up from my Remington XP .22

Its a LGV Master Pro, and boy am I exited to pick it up!

I am loving shooting again after a long absence from the sport, and with the 2 fella's i go shooting with, we are all slowly upgrading the gear.

I'll be on the LGV, My Friend on his HW77 in a 97 Thumbhole Stock Tuned by RAT of Leicester, and my other friend is working with a BSA tuned up by SFS. So all in all we are kitted out OK for a bunch of newbies.

I just wanted to ask any LGV/LGU owners for pellet recommendations, as i have googled to within an inch of my life and I can't find any decent reports, other than the standard H&N FT.

I have been having great results with the Weihrauch FTT which are also made by H&N through my Remington, but I would love some recommends from you awesome lot.

I have been looking an upgrade for some time, and the TX200 just didn't do it for me for some reason, I shouldered a few at the Game Fair, and it was just "meh", the HW range are obviously all cracking guns, but i didn't fancy getting it tuned just to keep up with the rest, so i settled on the LGV.

Please tell me I have made the right choice!

Peace Light and Love to you all.

Thanks for your time in Advance.

Kyle
    "Patron Saint of Righteous Rage for the voiceless outcast"

I rocks a Walther

Hello and welcome
    I have the same gun in .177 cal and I am very pleased with my one.
    I feed my gun Jsb exact 4.53 and it shoots very well with them.
    Like your good self I bought my one in used condition. I just had to adjust the trigger to my preference .
    Nice guns that perform very good out the box.
    Enjoy yours mate.
    Regards
    Les..

Thanks Les.

It's coming scoped but nothing special, what you rocking with on yours buddy, if you dont mind me asking?

I am very exited as I have heard nothing but immense things about this gun, I know its not the best looker, but neither am I, so I'm sure we will get along well, me and ol' Walter.

Plus as i read somewhere else James Bond didn't have an AA or a HW, that did make me laugh and semi make my mind up...

I rocks a Walther

LGU/LGV
    mine all loved JSB Exact Express 4,52 and/or JSB Exact 4,52.

Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
    LGU/LGV
    mine all loved JSB Exact Express 4,52 and/or JSB Exact 4,52.
    Thank you buddy. I am in .22

The good folks at JSB sent me one of there sample tins, I passed it onto my friend for his new HW77 thats mentioned above, I think all that is left is the JSB Super Gnarly Heavy Snipers, and from what he has told me, they are left over for a reason!

He has had cracking results with the Exacts in all the range 5.51, 5.52, .5.53 from what i recall.

I've got a fair few tins knocking about, all semi empty, of the usual suspects AA Diablo and Field, Crossman Premiers, Some shocking SMK hollowpoints that I got with my first rifle, so ill give them all the customary 5-10 shot plink to see what the barrel likes, but I just wanted to seek expert opinion before I end up spunking 15 quid on a tin of pellets that the LGV just doenst enjoy eating.
    Last edited by BBP_1; 23-08-2018 at 09:23 PM.

I rocks a Walther

Quote Originally Posted by BBP_1 View Post
    Thanks Les.

It's coming scoped but nothing special, what you rocking with on yours buddy, if you dont mind me asking?

I am very exited as I have heard nothing but immense things about this gun, I know its not the best looker, but neither am I, so I'm sure we will get along well, me and ol' Walter.

Plus as i read somewhere else James Bond didn't have an AA or a HW, that did make me laugh and semi make my mind up...
    I have a Redfield revolution 4-12x40 on my LGV ,it complements the gun nicely .
    They are a big heavy gun ,but well balanced for unsupported shooting.
    Try some Falcon accuracy plus pellets in your gun, nice light weight pellet in .22 cal ,and well made.
    Les..

Mine is in .177 and loves falcon accuracy plus ,air arms express, Rs jsb, and daystate sovereign. Great rifles!

Cheers buddy, I have been looking at Hawke / Nikko Sterling, so i'll have a peep around for your recommendation.

I have heard its a heavy unit, but to be honest, I prefer a heavy gun, it might sound daft, but it helps my shooting personally, and I don't mind lugging it around, my XP currently is heavy, so I dont mind. I find something reassuring about a heavy rifle.

It's Funny you should mention Falcons, as the fella who I gave the JSB sample tin to, has just brought a tin of them from a popular pellet website, so I'll have a few of him and see the results.

Anymore Scope recommends from anyone are more than welcome.

I am just quite exited to pick up my first "proper" Air Rifle.

Genuinely, thanks all for your help so far, this community is pretty right on, it can be intimidating to ask Newbish questions on a forum such as this.

I rocks a Walther

I am a fan of the Walthers I have six of them 2 X LGU and 4 x LGV and they are a lovely rifle to shoot, so accurate and so quiet. I can only see you being delighted with it, a good choice.
    Not only are they accurate, they are very easy to work on and very quiet to shoot. I have fed all of mine Air Arms Diablo Fields and the accuracy is spot on so never bothered trying different pellets.
    Happy shooting, Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by reesy View Post
    Mine is in .177 and loves falcon accuracy plus ,air arms express, Rs jsb, and daystate sovereign. Great rifles!
    Thank you for your help dude!

It seems that most of the folks on here own them in .177

When I was doing my research and browsing I noticed most of the 2nd hand rifles were also in .177

I have a quarter tin of both AA pellets, so i'll give them a blend, but the Sovereign does keep popping up, the fella on the shooting show uses them and them alone I think.

I am not starting that debate or going down that rabbit hole of calibre choice! It was just interesting to note.

I rocks a Walther

Pretty sure my .22 likes superfield, a touch more than AA/JSB. From memory crossman premiers we’re not so clever, on a par with hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    I am a fan of the Walthers I have six of them 2 X LGU and 4 x LGV and they are a lovely rifle to shoot, so accurate and so quiet. I can only see you being delighted with it, a good choice.
    Not only are they accurate, they are very easy to work on and very quiet to shoot. I have fed all of mine Air Arms Diablo Fields and the accuracy is spot on so never bothered trying different pellets.
    Happy shooting, Ade
    Thank you Ade, that's really helpful buddy.

Is there much difference cocking effort-wise with the LGU? Or similar effort for both?

I am really excited as I say to own my first "proper" unit. Pretty much everything I have read states the accuracy is different class. Truly cant wait to get down to the Club and have a crack.

Can I ask, what scope would you recommend buddy, you obviously have lots of experience with the Walther!

I rocks a Walther

Quote Originally Posted by don1971 View Post
    Pretty sure my .22 likes superfield, a touch more than AA/JSB. From memory crossman premiers we’re not so clever, on a par with hobby.
    Thank you Don. The fella on the BSA mentioned above shoots nothing but RWS so luckily all the recommendations so far won't cost me a penny in new Pellets!

More money towards a new scope / one piece mount combo hopefully!

I rocks a Walther

Hi Kyle and a very warm welcome.

I don't own one of these but you're already heading in the right direction pellet wise. Test with the quality brands mentioned above, choose the winner accuracy wise and stick with it.

I think you're in Leicestershire? If possible, why don't you and your friends visit The Boinger Bash in a couple of weekends' time? Lots of like-minded and very friendly folk to meet in a very informal, non-cliquey, environment? Guarantee you'd love it.

All the best,

Tone.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Once you've got the trigger adjusted they can be fantastic rifles. The HFT English Open recoiling class was just wondering with an LGV the other week, and mine seems spot on (though I haven't had a chance to use it much yet).

JSB exact in mine (which are basically the same pellet as the sovereign