Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther LGV

Scope

As for a scope, what will you be using it for and what's your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Kyle and a very warm welcome.

I don't own one of these but you're already heading in the right direction pellet wise. Test with the quality brands mentioned above, choose the winner accuracy wise and stick with it.

I think you're in Leicestershire? If possible, why don't you and your friends visit The Boinger Bash in a couple of weekends' time? Lots of like-minded and very friendly folk to meet in a very informal, non-cliquey, environment? Guarantee you'd love it.

All the best,

Tone.
    Hello Tony, I am actually in Bilston, in the good old Black Country. If there are any local chaps on here from the surrounding area, give me a shout!

I would love to but we are all heading down to the Frampton Show down Arlingham way, we also know a fella who gives us permission on his land (also a pub opposite for refreshments post shooting) down that way so were going to maybe make a weekend out of it. Thank you for the invite though, as i mentioned before the folks are sound on here. TBH most folks I meet in this sport, and culture are all totally brilliant, always helpful, and friendly, and what other sport would the fella hand you there best rifle and let you have a go? I doubt any of the Wolves lads would lend me there boots for a kick about!

Again thanks for your help buddy!

Kyle
    "Patron Saint of Righteous Rage for the voiceless outcast"

I rocks a Walther

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Once you've got the trigger adjusted they can be fantastic rifles. The HFT English Open recoiling class was just wondering with an LGV the other week, and mine seems spot on (though I haven't had a chance to use it much yet).

JSB exact in mine (which are basically the same pellet as the sovereign
    Cheers buddy! I will probably have a go with some JSB then, as they always seem the go to brand!

I picked it up today, and only just got back, and wow, put a couple down my range at home, and i'm absolutely blown away.

I rocks a Walther

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    As for a scope, what will you be using it for and what's your budget?
    Hey man! The Fella dropped a scope on for me, its only an Enfield 3x9x40 but after outlaying for the rifle, its perfectly adequate until I can save up something nice on it.

Any recommendations? Ideally i wouldnt want to spend more than £200.00 but anything that comes in under that (the more under the better!) I'll have a look at.

I toyed with the idea of putting the SMK i have on the Remington onto the LGV, but I'd rather keep them together just incase I fancy selling it on soon.], as i doubt I'm going to be using it much at all now.

I rocks a Walther

Picked it up, the chap was sound, he had more than his fair share of PCP's so thats the reason for the sale.

First impressions - Wow, this is what a proper rifle is like! I know its not got the fancy chequering, but I like the look. I'd sooner they put the money into the internals, rather than some fancy dan pattern that I would be gutted to pick up the inevitable scratch or knock from field use. The cheek piece is nice and high so lines me up happy days with the scope, and just by luck or judgement the fella dropped a scope on for me and the eye relief is perfect for me.

I have only had 2 shots, as I only got home again, but wow, that action to me feels fast. It does kick, but not as much as I am used to. Its got the SNAP of the muzzel, but not much else. No boing, or rattle.

Its harder to cock that I had imagined but that's no drama to me at all.

The Trigger that is much debated. First stage, yes is long, but it doenst bother me. I'll live with it. I do understand the Rekord is the benchmark, but I have never put serious time behind one, so I haven't really got much to compare other than my Remington, so you can imagine the step up. The Second stage however is really, really crisp, First shot did surprise me to be honest! But again that's because my Remington does have some creep. Second shot however I just smiled, it really is nice.

Overall I am totally buzzing that i managed to pick this Rifle up.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.

I'll let you know how I get on once I have had a good go with it.

Peace Light and Love!

Kyle

I rocks a Walther

Quote Originally Posted by BBP_1 View Post
    Hello Tony, I am actually in Bilston, in the good old Black Country. If there are any local chaps on here from the surrounding area, give me a shout!

I would love to but we are all heading down to the Frampton Show down Arlingham way, we also know a fella who gives us permission on his land (also a pub opposite for refreshments post shooting) down that way so were going to maybe make a weekend out of it. Thank you for the invite though, as i mentioned before the folks are sound on here. TBH most folks I meet in this sport, and culture are all totally brilliant, always helpful, and friendly, and what other sport would the fella hand you there best rifle and let you have a go? I doubt any of the Wolves lads would lend me there boots for a kick about!

Again thanks for your help buddy!

Kyle
    No worries re The Bash, Kyle.

If you and your friends ever fancy attending a future event, our good host Mick usually holds four events a year for us - April, June, September and November. Just keep your eyes peeled for threads on upcoming meets.

And you're so right on the excellent culture witnessed in our sport. So many good people willing to share tips, information, advice, letting you try their treasured guns etc. A big, happy family.

Great to see that you're positively buzzing over your new toy. As you spend more time together and get to know one another even more it will continue to impress and won't fail to keep you smiling. Enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up

Sorry to bump, but rarely does someone comment later, after they have lived with there Rifle a while.

Well the LGV is still amazing, I still marvel at it's stock, it still looks wonderful.

I still marvel at its accuracy, over various ranges.

I did change the scope a couple of times, and currently have a 4x50 SMK on it. It seems to suit it, also suits my budget more!

I have forayed into both pest control and outdoor shooting, had it up the range a few times and its just brilliant.

Its heavy, its defo heavy, but you just get used to it. Ambush off sticks are no drama, and I dont really go on the walk up shooting.

All in all, Walther LGV is a cracker. I am still super happy that I invested!

10/10 would recommend.

I rocks a Walther

Great to hear that you're still loving it, Kyle, and it's always the sign of a good gun that your enthusiasm for it hasn't diminished following "new gun euphoria". Indeed, with these boingery things, the longer you keep it and the more it becomes part of you, the bond grows ever stronger.

What pellets did you settle on in the end?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

So now you know - you definitely made the right choice! I don't have one in .22 but my .177 is absolutely brilliant and, following the "simple tune" which Jim Tyler wrote up in AGW it is at least on a par with, and probably better than, my Lazerglided HW 97 or my NickG tuned LGU. I am a fan of lightweight pellets in springers, and accuracy Plus work very well in .22, did you try them?