Thread: BSA Firebird available

BSA Firebird available

What is a fair price for a BSA Firebird .22 with pump please. Nice overall condition and working.
    Thanks for looking.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    They are rare guns, most shooters won't know what they are - the fixed-barrel version of the BSA Spitfire. I think I sold my excellent condition .22 for £250 years ago. The two calibre one is probably worth more.

Probably about £250 with the pump, if you have the 14mm scope mounts for the MaxiGrip rail then that would add something.

An interesting design which should tempt the PCP collectors (do they really exist) as it is a unique design.

Can't remember the exact price I sold mine for, think it was around £350, but it had four barrels with it 2 x .22, a .25 and a .20.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Bought new (although I have suspicions it was a sold-and-returned or a display model), the one I had was well over the limit and inconsistent; BSA replaced the whole valve assembly free of charge, including the return post - they did it in a week too.

Mine also had a poorly seated barrel which meant the roller-breach damaged the pellet skirts. John Bowkett told me how to re-seat the barrel and it was then extremely accurate. It was a .22 so I sold it on. Mine had the bigger capacity reservoir. It was a funny little thing and truly one of a kind.

I paid £240 for mine freshly rebuilt with a new stock in .22 but I got it at mates rates

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    What is a fair price for a BSA Firebird .22 with pump please. Nice overall condition and working.
    Thanks for looking.
    You are fortunate to be able to fill with a pump. I filled mine for years from a bottle and never had a leak. The guy who bought it from me used a pump and it leaked. Something about not having constant fill pressure.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for the support all. Try to get pics up soon.