Thread: Webley Service - 0.25 - Valuation

Webley Service - 0.25 - Valuation

Valuation , please

Thanks,

Sam

https://imageupload.co.uk/album/5ud

In what respect, for selling, Insurance purposes, or just feeling good about ownership of such an item ? A serious question as all three variations require an appropriate reponse with different answers. IMHO the one of those answers to you with most interest is the one most closely related to the reason behind your original posting.

Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 26-08-2018 at 12:25 PM.

I've seen .25 Services priced well in to the £700 range or above at arms fairs, so if the finish is original and your barrel and action matches, I'd take a stab at the £800+ mark due to the presence of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Valuation , please

Thanks,

Sam

https://imageupload.co.uk/album/5ud
    A .25 in a box? Maybe £800-£1000?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    In what respect, for selling, Insurance, or just feeling good about ownership of such an item ? A serious question as all three variations of an appropriate reponse have different answers, and IMHO the one of most interest to you is the one most closely related to the reason behind your original posting.

Vic Thompson.

This is not an ego trip or feel good factor exercise.

I have around 40 rifles , doing nothing.
    I have a small collection of cased Webley pistols , most I sold 3 or 4 years ago.

The reason for my valuation questions is I have had one or two crossed words with members in the past re: valuations and have recently struggled to sell two other Services , although both are now sold.

I am probably going to sell around 90% of my air rifle collection as I shoot and have promised myself a quality cased centre fire .
    I may wait until the next Kempton Park and try and take a table. - will save people travelling as a lot of my stuff I would not post

Many years ago I gave a member first refusal on my Military Pattern - If he remembers that still stands .

There are no pockets in shrouds.....

Sam

Hi Sam,

I was going to suggest taking a table at Kempton if you are disposing of some of your collection. The only trouble from a prospective buyer's perspective with items of this quality is you can probably only afford 1 per collector!

Good luck with any sales you embark upon.

John

Thank You for your comments , John

Sam

This is not an ego trip or feel good factor exercise.

I have around 40 rifles , doing nothing.
    I have a small collection of cased Webley pistols , most I sold 3 or 4 years ago.

The reason for my valuation questions is I have had one or two crossed words with members in the past re: valuations and have recently struggled to sell two other Services , although both are now sold.

I am probably going to sell around 90% of my air rifle collection as I shoot and have promised myself a quality cased centre fire .
    I may wait until the next Kempton Park and try and take a table. - will save people travelling as a lot of my stuff I would not post

Many years ago I gave a member first refusal on my Military Pattern - If he remembers that still stands .

There are no pockets in shrouds.....

Sam
    Take two tables.
    And let us know when you are going

thanks for answering my query, a great help. I'd go with John's suggestion of around the £800 mark for a sale and would also go along with those of others in this respect : IMHO you could do worse than taking a table at Kempton, asking for offers around the £800 mark with the proviso that you wouldn't make a decision before a certain time of the day, that way interested parties get a chance to see the combination in the flesh and can make their best offers in the hope of buying it, not a process that you can follow when advertising on the BBS.

As regards Insurance purposes et al, I'd suggest a bit more than that as it might have to be a purchase via a commercial supplier.

JMHO, and if I'm miles out in my opinion, apologies in advance,

Vic Thompson.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l put my Webley Service 3rd series .25 with matching numbers up for sale a few weeks ago at £600. no takers and still for sale. so your guess is as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Take two tables.
    And let us know when you are going
    OK , I will - Probably after the September Fair

OK , I will - Probably after the September Fair
    And you will be made welcome, September is fully booked, so December 9th will be ideal. Make sure to get your name on the list well in advance.....

Hi Sam,

I would have thought a scarce boxed .25 Service in that condition would be worth at least £1200, but you are very unlikely to get anywhere near that on this site.
    You'd probably be better off putting it in the right auction.