Thread: Early Webley Hurricane Value

Early Webley Hurricane Value now link to pics

Hi,
    Sorry it's the first time I have posted on here for some time.
    I have what I believe is an early Hurricane, I know they are not highly collectable so the value won't be very high but I would like some idea if possible as a starting point.
    It is in reasonable condition for one that has been used and considering its age. A box can go with it if required although it is not a genuine pistol box but it would make a nice one with a little work.
    A scope rail would also be included.
    I don't seem to have permission to post attachments so if you would like photo's I will email them to you.
    It only has Hurricane printed on the plastic and it is a .22 calibre.
    Best regards

Kev

https://www.pixum.co.uk/my-photos/al...mage/937834379
    Last edited by royaloak; 01-09-2018 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Added link to pictures and some text

It depends entirely upon condition.

A non original box will not add value I am afraid - neither will the scope rail.

A good condition one with original box, scope rail and scope would probably get about £250.

A simple pistol in good condition with the fore end marked "Hurricane" £180 - rather than "Webley Hurricane" maybe £150.

These are just average figures - as I say condition is all and immaculate examples go for much more.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    My take on it? Sold a boxed vgc example with all the goodies in .22 (the rarer pistol calibre) two years back and it struggled to make £140 plus post, so as prices for post 1999 Webley pistols haven't increased much since 2016, as a collector, a buyer, and a seller, imho, given the condition you describe, I see your Hurricane's value iro £80/£90 tops. Hope this helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I bought a very nice unboxed later one from a gun shop about 3 years ago (I hadn’t intended to, but it caught my eye). The shop in question is not known for low prices. I paid something between £110-140, certainly no more.

The scope rail is worth £10-15 separately to someone who wants a scope rail. £0 to someone who doesn’t, obvs. A lot of buyers won’t want it, so won’t pay over the odds because it’s included with the pistol.

I sold a fair to good one on here a couple of years ago for £70, they aren't great pistols and suffer cosmic damage easily. When you look at my E series premier, there's no comparison in quality.

Thanks guy's for your , it's much appreciated

hurricane

I bought a mint one early this year as new £50

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I got £75, including post for mine last year. An early one may be more desireable, but not much.
    Box and accessories makes a difference, and will push it up to £100-£120, again, all being dependant on condition.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.