Thread: Smith and Wesson 79G help

Smith and Wesson 79G help

I recently acquired a Smith and Wesson 79G. Whilst it does hold gas and shoots, it was very under-powered and eventually started to leak gas. I have two 79G's and my other one actually surprised me how powerful it is, whilst the one in question shoots so low that the pellet some times bounces off a empty milk carton!

No Worries I thought, it just needs a reseal, not too difficult. My good 79G came with the manual which has a parts diagram so it was pretty easy to take apart and put back together.

Anyway, I have stripped it down and found that one of the valve seals is damaged. Easy enough to fix.

But here is the real problem, after having a bit of a tough time removing the valve body from the frame, I have found that the gun is missing the screen that sits on the transfer port from where the Co2 capsule is to the valve. This little screen helps protect the valve from little ice crystals from the Co2 and without it, the gun will eventually start to leak air again.

Here is the part in question:

Photo from:
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/381270

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? The website above is out of stock but they also do not ship to the UK. Whilst the gun will work without it, like I previously mentioned, it would only be a matter of time until it needed fixing again.

Cheers

many crosmans use a similar screen 1077 king rat 357 are a few
    when I've converted king rat piercer blocks to short hpa blocks I throw them away
    they are usually gummed up solid where old pelgun oil has congealed on them and I'm sure my early 78g didn't have one when I stripped it

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Make your own... Small appropriately sized brass washer and open the hole out a little plus bay of e item 132649782243 (cuts with ordinary scissors) - can be bonded with JB Weld if soldering that small is outside your skill set.

Can't really help with acquiring or making a new one, but, the point of this part has nothing to do with ice crystals. Instead, when the CO2 cartridge is pierced, it invariably produces metal debris that will work their way through to the exhaust valve and cause problems. The sole purpose of these screens is to stop those metal flakes from moving to where they'll cause damage.