Thread: Problem with on-line AIRGUNNER subscription

Problem with on-line AIRGUNNER subscription

This a.m. I entered my name,code password and got,'not a valid subscription'. Beats me.I've been getting the mag on-line for years then,all of a sudden it terminates.Now,maybe my annual sub is up?If so,how about a warning?The thing I most object to is the instantaneous loss of all the copies I have paid for in the past! Gives quite a shock to the system! Trev

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    This a.m. I entered my name,code password and got,'not a valid subscription'. Beats me.I've been getting the mag on-line for years then,all of a sudden it terminates.Now,maybe my annual sub is up?If so,how about a warning?The thing I most object to is the instantaneous loss of all the copies I have paid for in the past! Gives quite a shock to the system! Trev
    Just checked my login and it worked OK. Maybe it is a subscription problem, and if so then they should have given you fair warning. It is a hassle, but I try to save all the new and archive articles I am interested in to hard drive a.s.a.p. (which usually means just John Atkins' Airgun Collection).

Regards, John

Thanks

for checking out Air Gunner's 'communication' John. My sub probably has run out.I've asked them to check it. JA's words are promptly downloaded and printed.;-) I have numerous 'clear page' folders(100 pages each).They make a fine encyclopedia set- entitled "Principia Pneumatica"..in volumes of course! regards,Trev

It may pale by comparison to John Atkins' contributions in Air Gunner (whose doesn't?!) but with his permission I've been compiling Trevor's own articles here - a collection which is mightily impressive by any standard! I haven't even finished yet, so there's more to come.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    It may pale by comparison to John Atkins' contributions in Air Gunner (whose doesn't?!) but with his permission I've been compiling Trevor's own articles here - a collection which is mightily impressive by any standard! I haven't even finished yet, so there's more to come.
    It certainly hasn't gone unnoticed Danny, and I think it is a great idea. We need to do everything we can to make sure these irreplaceable data bases (including your own of course) are preserved for future generations to come.

Cheers, John

What a brilliant resource. Concise but very informative tests. Glad they're available via here.
    Also glad that NZ got a wide range of great airguns via the various importers.

Very informative. I have been collecting the 'strip' articles and the JA and other history articles from all the magazines for many years, but in hardcopy housed in polypockets. When necessary, and if someone needs information, I scan the relevant article. I am sure I once looked at an online version of a magazine but was not able/allowed to download an article. Maybe the situation is different if you have an 'on-line electronic' subscription.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Very informative. I have been collecting the 'strip' articles and the JA and other history articles from all the magazines for many years, but in hardcopy housed in polypockets. When necessary, and if someone needs information, I scan the relevant article. I am sure I once looked at an online version of a magazine but was not able/allowed to download an article. Maybe the situation is different if you have an 'on-line electronic' subscription.
    Cheers, Phil
    Hi Phil. With the Air Gunner digital-only subscription (under £20 a year) you not only get a new mag every month but also access to an online library of issues going back to mid-2009! Every article can be downloaded to PDF quite easily. It's great value and getting better every year. It's the equivalent of a 400-odd mag-sized page book by John Atkins, if you think about it!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Phil. With the Air Gunner digital-only subscription (under £20 a year) you not only get a new mag every month but also access to an online library of issues going back to mid-2009! Every article can be downloaded to PDF quite easily. It's great value and getting better every year. It's the equivalent of a 400-odd mag-sized page book by John Atkins, if you think about it!
    Thanks Danny ... I thought so. Problem is ... I enjoy the ability to read a hard copy wherever and whenever I want to. And being something of a techno dumbo from the dark ages I do not have a 'tablet' nor a phone capable of viewing such electronic wizardry. And I do not really want to have to sit in front of my PC to read the mags. So I guess I will continue with amassing hard copies with the occasional purge when I remove the pages I want and commit the rest to the recycling bin. Usually on a wet rainy morning ....
    Cheers, Phil
    Last edited by Phil Russell; 02-10-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Looks as if my sub had run out.

No comment from HRH(the ED)but I guess that was the case! I've not experienced 'a withdrawal' but imagine having my AGer access abruptly curtailed managed to put a similar shiver down my spine.......