Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park RH93 in .22

Park RH93 in .22

Please could someone please give me a rough value for a Park RH93 in .22 Cal
    It’s in mint condition with the metal work 10/10 and the wood work is 9.9/10 with one tiny mark in the walnut thumb hole stock. It shoots superbly although it’s a bugger to cock! Not a rifle you want to use for a prolonged plinking session.
    Thanks in advance.
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

£450?

I really claim no great knowledge, but here is a start.

Parks were made in low numbers with the walnut thumbhole stock. There were several finishes from matt to gloss blued. The 93 had the safety catch.
    I sold a .177 only a few months ago for £650, which I regret. Near mint then I wouldn't sell one for less; if the truth be known they are worth more.
    The market hasn't woken up to the fact that first they shoot so well, second few were made and made to such a high quality, three the walnut are rare. They were high cost when first made and should demand a high price now.

Now I'm shooting myslf in the foot as if I had the desposable income handy this year I'd be buying any I could find. They are worth every bit a Venom and made in similar numbers; shoot better too.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    .22 beech, good condition, I sold for £350 recently. Walnut thumbhole, defo £100 maybe £150 more. Mint, maybe another £50-£100. So I guess around £550.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Im lucky enough to have been given a RH93 .22 from my Grandfather. Now I would never sell it due to this. But if I were to sell it, I would not even think about letting it go for anything less than £550. And mine is the standard stock (no thumb hole). The are great rifles and built to an insane degree, which was probably their downfall since they were so expensive for a springer back then. Mine is serial number 1109 and I have never seen one in the 2 thousands so Id say they are very rare. I believe the .177 command a higher price since they are rarer, but I much prefer the .22. Mine is easy to cock and trigger pull is spot on, just that it is a very heavy rifle and once a scope is on, well it gives you a decent work out

Thanks for the most interesting replies guys.
    The rifle is fun to shoot and is exceptionally accurate. I only put some H&N FTT through it quickly yesterday as it was all I had to hand, it shot lovely ragged one hole groups. I’ll be most interested when I come to test other pellets through it.
    I’ll take some photos later today and try and put them up here. I think this one will be a keeper.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Parks were made in low numbers with the walnut thumbhole stock. There were several finishes from matt to gloss blued. The 93 had the safety catch.
    I sold a .177 only a few months ago for £650, which I regret. Near mint then I wouldn't sell one for less; if the truth be known they are worth more.
    The market hasn't woken up to the fact that first they shoot so well, second few were made and made to such a high quality, three the walnut are rare. They were high cost when first made and should demand a high price now.

Now I'm shooting myslf in the foot as if I had the desposable income handy this year I'd be buying any I could find. They are worth every bit a Venom and made in similar numbers; shoot better too.
    I had one as well Muskett, but the idea of them is always better than the reality. They are very heavy for the power output, and being a hey-diddle-diddle-squeeze-air-in-the-middle inefficient design, very heavy to cock. The big disappointment is the trigger which is just OK - why Roy didn't copy the Rekord I cannot imagine. The TX200SR is more accurate and very soft to cock, and when all is said, the ProSport or TX200HC matches/exceeds the Park for accuracy without the complication and extra weight. You did the right thing to sell yours on at that price.

A Park with a Rekord/CD trigger and some weight saving like using a timing belt instead of a chain and maybe an alloy cocking lever would be interesting, but the cylinder-under the barrel setup will never get good efficiency.

The design is still a piece of genius though!

I agree there are less heavy and other mousetraps that are better rifles in so many ways, but on pure build quality and the numbers actually made they are rare. Some models so very few made.
    Build Quality.
    Accurate, will give a PCP a run for its money.
    Ingenious design.
    British gun making at its quirky and best.
    Factory made not one off customs.
    Very low numbers made.
    No more will ever be made.

It makes the Air Logics and BSA Centenaries look common.

I still own a Park 92 .177, without the safety catch, and beech light weight stock. I find the trigger more than acceptable. That I wouldn't sell, though they were made in reasonable numbers but still not many.
    Again if I had the desposable income I'd buy up as many as I could. The future question will be what size collectors market is there? Where does spring rifle era stop and PCP take over. The Parks are one of the last throws of the spring power plant and equal to the very best of the Theobens. Theobens were done in much higher numbers and starting to regain a premium.

Any Park collector could get away with three examples to cover actions, calibre, finishes, and stocks. Then have that marque covered. Trying to find them is the tricky bit.
    Last edited by Muskett; 02-10-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Oh I'd love that stock on mine
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Did anyone see the crazy asking price on the Park advertised at Holts recently? Don't know if its been and gone, but it was estimated well over a grand! I had a 91 sold it. Regretted it. As per usual... And bought this .177 93.

https://imgur.com/a/V50sDdI

Not mint by any stretch. Custom stock. But behaves herself beautifully and very accurate. Lovely trigger. I think the original estimate submitted on this thread of £450 is woefully 'undergunned' and if I were to sell mine, I'd be looking for considerably more (not that I am). Hope that adds necessary 'penny's worth' into mix.
    https://www.walnut.black

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    I think the original estimate submitted on this thread of £450 is woefully 'undergunned' and if I were to sell mine, I'd be looking for considerably more (not that I am). Hope that adds necessary 'penny's worth' into mix.
    trouble is they are not a mainstream collectible, they are a real niche gun. I bought mine (beech, .22 fairly good condition) for £350 and sold it about a year later for the same. I didn't have a queue of dissapointed potentials buyers beating down my door. As per my post above, the walnut thumbhole stock and the condition probs adds maybe £200 to that.. but it's still a very niche gun, so a tiny number of enthusiastic buyers.

I do agree they are somewhat "undervalued" in terms of the quality and engineering, but the market defines the prices based on supply and demand, and quite simply, demand (for tricky to maintain, 30 year old, recoiless, heavy springers) isn't high enough to increase the price.. you can argue this is due to a lack of buyer education, or appreciation, or whatever, but the market price is what it is
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

That's a very nice gun you have there Dave
    You didn't tell me it was a thumb hole version.
    Keep it mate, I would.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Did anyone see the crazy asking price on the Park advertised at Holts recently? Don't know if its been and gone, but it was estimated well over a grand! [...]
    The one at Holts did not sell... it's a nice gun no doubt about it, and quite rare, as rare as a Whiscombe in fact, but it does not have the same following and does not command the same prices, I think Holts have valued it based on the Whiscombe prices.

I am unsure how many Holts has had up for sale. There was one, blued, walnut and iron sights, that went quite high. Certainly I was sorely tempted.
    Yes, shed turner and others have a point that they are a niche market for them. I think the more common beech mint or near so are worth £450 and walnut beyond £600. Its not just the walnut but the numbers. Maybe the market hasn't matured yet, but I would expect it will. What is there like it? What is worth having from that decade with a spring in it? Starts to get thin what rifles to collect when many are still available new now bar the odd cosmetic change.

Choice pieces may not fly off the shelf but given time do get bought. A Park in any collection elevates the collection above amateur in my ratings, though that doesn't mean some fabulous collection all have them or might ever have. But the Parks are a class rifle, and very British. Niche can be good and these are available...just. Not a lot out there.