Thread: Walther Century .22 advice on pellets please

Walther Century .22 advice on pellets please

I recently bought a .22 Walther Century and fitted a Hawk 4-12x50 scope.

Would really welcome some advice on best pellets. I'm mainly shooting paper targets at 20 yards on an indoor range.

Tried it yesterday outdoor shooting on a bench using RWS Superdomes. I noticed these were difficult to push into the barrel and my groups at both 20 and 25 yards were large and not very consistent.

I haven't shot a 'springer' for a long time, so at first I thought it was me, then one of the other shooters gave me some Air Arms Diabolo Fields to try, much easier to push in and group sizes were half of what I got with the RWS Superdomes.

Last night I tried some .22 RWS Hobby's at 10m and these seem to work well too, will try at 20 yards next, again much easier to push into the barrel.

Would welcome any advice on best pellets for 20/25 yard max shooting.

Thanks in advance.

Try some daystate sovereign pellets go fantastic in my lgv

Thanks will try these out.

fyi RWS .22 hobby wadcutters at 20 yards grouped really well.

Hi, a good pellet to try in spring rifles are falcon accuracy plus, these are round heads so not the neatest holes in paper though. I think JSB do wadcutters but I have no experience of them. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Still sticking wiht RWS Hobby's for now.

I bought some Bisley pest control pellets when I ran out of Hobby's, but couldn't get them pressed into the breech!

Quick update... I found the Walther Century too heavy for me, (4.23kg, and 4.94kg when scoped) so I part exchanged it for a synthetic stock Walther Terrus (3.3kg) its a really nice little rifle to shoot, I removed the open sights and fitted a Nikko 4x40 to keep the weight down.

Terrus seems to like RWS Superdomes and RWS Hobby's.

In my terrus which I assume would be the same walther barrel, it likes jsb diabolo rs, bisley long range gold and jsb hades