Evening all,

I still like the look of the lightning. I remember when they first came out (Brummy ones) the magazine's seemed to love them. I have always wanted one.

As soon as they become Spanish? made, most people advise against buying one. Are they not exactly the same parts/design or was the internal design changed? I can't believe they are that bad as surely they'd stop making them if they didn't sell. Or is this wishful thinking....

Has anyone recently bought a new one and what do you think of it? Even better, has anyone tried a new one next to an original one? If it's the same parts and design as the original one, how can it be assembled so differently. It's only a spring and grease, is it not.

I've bought new weihrauchs recently and they weren't as good as I remembered.... The 35 had a fault in the cylinder and the 99 is good however took a lot of fettling to fix the well known design flaw of the dreaded graunch.

A lot of people mention the new lightning isn't good, but what are the specific bits that people don't like?

Part of me still wants one but I'm in two minds. Trouble I have is shops dont let you have a shoot in the back these days before buying (I can understand this). Opinions appreciated.