Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want a new break barell.

Want a new break barell.

OK chaps,3 in the frame. HW30, HW99 and Diana 34 all in .177,we have a two year old 99 as a club rifle so no need to know more, but it does seem the galling issue hasn't gone away?
    HW30, because at around 7ft lb it could be ideal for 20 yds standing or 25yds springer Bench rest ,2mm pip at 25yds?
    The Diana 34, cant find much in the way of UK tests of this gun,only ones that have already been played with so not of interest,however some excellent reports on YT from the USA, the new T06 trigger having very good reports,indeed comparable to the Record and CD units,good tests although of course running around 16 ft lb and some weird pellet types!but over all accurate and well built and finished,any one got one?
    So your thoughts gentleman,BUT if you are going to recommend a gun that needs to be fetelled first, i am not interested, my XS208 in .22 gives me great satisfaction on the range,brought as a fun shooter its been a well spent £100 !! and nothing done to it apart from oiling the linkage and Loctiteing all the screws. just want a straight shooter for comps in .177.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    All three of those will need a fettle.

Maybe get one of those Walther Terrus rifles? They are less likely to need a fettling.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you want it to work well straight off then a Slavia 631 is the kiddy!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

All them three definitely need sorting from the off in my opinion like has been said, I've never shot a terrus but love my lgu and I think if I wanted a break barrel I would seriously consider the lgv.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    OK chaps,3 in the frame. HW30, HW99 and Diana 34 all in .177,we have a two year old 99 as a club rifle so no need to know more, but it does seem the galling issue hasn't gone away?
    HW30, because at around 7ft lb it could be ideal for 20 yds standing or 25yds springer Bench rest ,2mm pip at 25yds?
    The Diana 34, cant find much in the way of UK tests of this gun,only ones that have already been played with so not of interest,however some excellent reports on YT from the USA, the new T06 trigger having very good reports,indeed comparable to the Record and CD units,good tests although of course running around 16 ft lb and some weird pellet types!but over all accurate and well built and finished,any one got one?
    So your thoughts gentleman,BUT if you are going to recommend a gun that needs to be fetelled first, i am not interested, my XS208 in .22 gives me great satisfaction on the range,brought as a fun shooter its been a well spent £100 !! and nothing done to it apart from oiling the linkage and Loctiteing all the screws. just want a straight shooter for comps in .177.
    Out of those, Diana 34 - unless the 30 s is enough power for you
    All of them require some work - even if it's a proper lube
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I own both a 30 s and the Diana -
    I'd probaby own a 99 if I thought it worth the risk / aggro - I don't

My favourite is the HW95. I have one in .20 calibre, but must admit I had to open out the transfer port a bit and reduce the spring to get it shooting very smoothly. Weight is comfortable too. If you consider a gas ram, I have been very impressed with the BSA GRT Lightning XL SE that I just received. Quality build and lovely to shoot, spot on 11.5 ft lb.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 31-10-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post

If you want to try before you decide, you can borrow my nice little 30s, Don. It’s set up with diopters at the minute for bell target, so you’d need to put a scope on if you prefer.

It’s a very sweet shooting little gun. You’d like it.

Cheers

Steve.

Gun

Cant go wrong with a HW99

? HW30, HW99 and Diana 34 all in .177 ?

I've owned and fettled all of them.
    So my conclusion - get a WALTHER LGV.

Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
    ? HW30, HW99 and Diana 34 all in .177 ?

I've owned and fettled all of them.
    So my conclusion - get a WALTHER LGV.
    Does it come with a free Gym Membership for those not naturally built like brick outhouse ?
    Can you get spares for Walther yet too ??

Walther Classus. LW screw cut Barrel, Minelli stock, light weight, was available for less than £200 delivered. Favourable review from Terry. Enough said.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    HW30, HW99 Diana 34
    Kids gun. junior gun. Adult gun

As for the Umarex lgv (Walther is just a logo) they are OK if you don't like tuning and want something out of the box that should be OK and they seem to have a small fan crowd that like them but the turn off is the trigger, weight, looks, and spares availability.
    If you like the 34 have a look at the SFS version

PS. IF you do contact SFS ask them if they know if the new 34 is still made in Germany or Bulgaria

Interesting replies, if you replied to me and said they will all need sorting then i take it you have/had one of these?if you hav'nt why did you bother?
    Tinbum, the CZ631 has been around for a looooong time and i believe has quite a good reputation,i dont think it has changed in 20 yrs?BUT you cant buy what the dealers dont stock,and there is no one up north that does.
    Matty1987, the LGV very nice but the stock shape does not fit me!must be my mug shape? thats why i purchased a Terrus.
    PCP shooter, the HW30 all being well is i think all that is needed for max 25 yds?
    BenelliB76, would have a gas ram if it was a new Fenman!
    Can i say i am not into pulling my guns to bits, a new one will have the stock removed to make sure the bits and bobs that move are lubed and the stock then goes on again and stays on unless it breaks, the 12 month warranty period should show up any nasties and if there are it will be straight back to the supplying dealer.
    STEVE! HELLO!thank you for your offer,passed your home this morning on the by-pass heading to Skipton with an empty car, but returned an hour later via,Ilkley with an oblong shaped box on the back seat.And yes i am now the owner of a new HW30S !
    Stopped at the range for a couple of hours,scope sighted in at 10 yds to start and then out to 25yds, AND? very nice!the factory setting of the trigger was spot on for me,using Ruag Gecos it was nice and accurate,shot about 50-60 pellets and just left a very satisfying hole in the middle.
    I will swop the kit 4x32 for a spare 3-9x40 tomorrow.
    So did i make the right choice? Yes i think so,it is smooth, quiet, and nice handling.
    Thank you all for your input.
    Happy shooting all.

[QUOTE=Barryg;7586808]HW30, HW99 Diana 34
    Kids gun. junior gun. Adult gun

As for the Umarex lgv (Walther is just a logo) they are OK if you don't like tuning and want something out of the box that should be OK and they seem to have a small fan crowd that like them but the turn off is the trigger, weight, looks, and spares availability.
    If you like the 34 have a look at the SFS version

MMM, you are a shirty bugger arn't you?
    I know all about the SFS conversions and stated at the start of the thread the only tests i have seen in the UK were of those that had been played with so of no interest.
    The LGV trigger?nothing wrong with it except it has two screws that the owners seem unable to leave alone!and then blame Walther !
    The looks of an LGV? beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
    Weight,well most top end rifles are around that weight arn't they
    Spare spring and piston seal was readily available from Umarex for my Terrus via an order from my local dealer.
    Oh, and i bought the kids gun,very nice it is too!
    NEXT?