Thread: 10m home range project.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've tried talking to our local planing in the past about a simple small extension on our house, they did't have a clue and said I'd need to fill in an application costing £250 to find out!

The range is not permanent as it is a few wooden posts and a plastic garden shed. If the general consensus on this forum is that it breaks planing, then I'll leave it there until the council is informed and I'm told to take it down. When that happens, I'm sure planing will tell me where I'm going wrong and adjustments will be made. If I'm told I can't have it in total, I'll disassemble it and list it on Crapbay, but they'll have to take me to court first.

If the police are informed and it's found I'm breaking the law, I guess the range will be removed. If that's the case, so be it. As I see it, the range is not permanent, does not cause a noise problem, is further than 50 foot from a public highway, is on my land, has a solid back stop, is fully concealed and should not cause any issues.

It's also worth remembering that the range is ONLY used for sub 6 foot pound 10m target shooting. I know that does not make a difference in law, but the noise will be vastly different from anything else.

If I am wrong on any of the above points, I will find out soon enough.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 02-10-2018 at 11:50 AM.