Thread: 10m home range project.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anything soft will soak up sound. Carpet, foam, old duvet etc.

Ensure you have enough room to swing the rifle from above and from the side. Depending on your level think about how much room you'll need to put the rifle on a stand between shots and a mirror. A target whizzer would save you loads of time. Lighting that works with scatt etc.

Make the range usable and you'll use it more. 10m at home is a really nice thing to have.

More bits turned up while I was at the Spring Bash

Power supply from Crapbay, (AC100-240V to DC 12V 5/6/10A Power Supply Adaptor Transformer)
    Shed from Amazon (Keter Manor Outdoor Plastic Garden Storage Shed, Beige, 6 x 5 ft)
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 09-09-2018 at 04:13 AM.

More bits in:-

Crapbay rope (100M 4.5mm White Nylon Pull Start Starter Recoil Cord Rope Lawnmower)
    Crapbay Pulleys (105mm Black Bearing Pulley Wheel Cable Gym Equipment Part Wearproof HL)

Talking

Looking forward to seeing this

How are you going to support the duct or will you only shoot prone, with the duct on the ground ?

The duct will be on 4x4 posts concreated into the ground, two at the end and single triangulated legs on the way down. The target centre will be NSRA 55".

I made the alloy drive bosses today for the motor shaft and cast the resin around them. I then turned the resin into pulleys. I also turned up and bolted on the drive pulleys onto the main cord pulleys. A pulley set and motor were set-up over 8 foot and tested. It was OK, but I'd like it faster (can't stand waiting for whizzers!) So I've now got two more resin blocks casting and bearings ordered so I can make a pair of step-up pulleys. These will basically double the speed of the cord pulleys. If it's a bit fast on the test bed, I can turn down the large motor pulley, that'll reduce the controll box size and slow the speed, win win

Maybe I can run a thread over in the gallery section here so I can post pics as I go?
    Am I allowed to do that?
    Or how can I post pics in this thread?

The ferets will be moved over tomorrow and the plastic shed will be going up.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 12-09-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Chute !

With all this lagging and reflexion problems perhaps something like those grey plastic chutes they use for dropping
    rubbish down into skips might be better .